EBA70CF9-1612-42E8-8BCF-217D185881EF.jpeg

6AD48349-41ED-451A-B9C1-432AFEEF01E1.jpeg

2A6ED0FB-7FEA-4233-A9D6-9A99708F5003.jpeg

Missed an few others

but a good night 

744B4709-4C13-4DB3-B0DD-931372E2AB53.jpeg

Edited by Eeeeels
Adding

Wow this board is quiet.  Anyone having any luck out front?  

Might have a small window today to fish. Any tide/timing advice?

Posted (edited) · Report post

Fished the wee hours this morning. Inside moco. predominant bait present were p-nuts and bay anchovies..Same spot I've been at for weeks..7 bass, 2 pesky blues.  Lost one that seemed to be really good sized. Fish had a little more size to them. Took fish on rubber shads, 5in. Mambo's and 5in. Redfin.

Edited by JimK

3 mins ago, Mr. Bigdeal said:

That's not rust, that's Camo....

I do wonder if rust can be a fish attractant?  Maybe the iron in the water can be mistaken for blood?  In terms of scent.

It's a never ending battle with rust. If it's surface rust, I'll just let it go until the offseason. If it's deeper corrosion, I'll either dremel it off or replace the hook entirely. 

Last night out front NoMoCo sundown for an hour. Beginning of incoming tide with decent suds. South wind eased up. Skunk. Another guy was fishing north of me. He didn't seem to catch anything either.

Out front MoCo sunup this AM, beginning of incoming tide for 40 min. Steady WSW wind. Water seemed stained but decent suds. Saw small bait jump out of the wash and pitch casted in the area but nothing. Skunk.

3 hours ago, Eeeeels said:

Late report from Friday night

Fish turned on about half way down on the drop

Monmouth county out front

Missed an few others

but a good night 

Nice catches, but you're asking for trouble keeping all three trebles on that bomber.  The only thing that middle one is good for is getting embedded in your hand.

Went back north this morning and there was not the same activity I saw yesterday.  Water still on the dirty side and a lot less mullet around.  Saw a couple of pops but rather quiet so move south.  Found cleaner water and more activity.  A lot more mullet and more fish on the chase.  Again only managed to put one on the beach along with a small blue.  This one hit the tape at 25 inches.  Did see a keeper in the low 30 inch range taken from the sand.  Did have a few more bumps, but by 9:30 it went quiet.  Stiff NE wind by morning which might be the trigger we need.

DSCF2809.JPG

went by water at lunch. Moco. very high tides. bait worken. took bout 10 casts n had no luck. had to get back to work. remember, dried cleaned slacks and good shoes are no excuse. One must be willing to ruin a pair at a moments notice to call it a true obsession. 

20191002_122744.jpg