UncleJohn

October 2019 Fishing Reports

Rate this topic

1,141 posts in this topic

16 hours ago, FishingmaniYaks said:

So awesome with your kid catching fish. I love it even more seeing my kids hooking up especially on their own. I have a 13 and a 9. Always seen with my oldest fishing but now the 9yr is hooked after hitting blues this year so I have been getting him out on the surf. Best of luck to you and your son!

Just what I need, Two kids outfishing me now . LOL  

3 hours ago, Ripnowell45 said:

Just got back from Moco out front. Water is dirty but not horrible. Waves are crazy be careful if you decide to go out on a jetty korkers are a must. It looked really good but didn't get anything. Threw metals and bucktails. Tried to throw a bottle darter and it maybe went 15 ft.

Shorten your cast and you will probably hits a few bass.

1 min ago, Qwik said:

Just what I need, Two kids outfishing me now . LOL  

We learned from you guys on the beach. Just passing down what we know and experienced over the years. Just hope the industry can be sustained enough to keep it fun.  After this little messy of a Nor'easter  I hope to get back on a bite. Guessing Monday things should clean up and start getting reports flowing. 

3 hours ago, Sudsy said:

Made a few casts elsewhere, basically banged my head against a wall for a while, then went scouting for tonight.

Plan is set, hopefully it works out

Suds has a plan for tonight.  Glad I'm staying in.

18 mins ago, CharlieK said:

Shorten your cast and you will probably hits a few bass.

Tried long and tried close. I was surprised that I didn't get anything. Hard to keep contact on the beach with the North wind and went to the jetty which made it easier to keep contact keeping the wind in my face but nothing. 

Edited by Ripnowell45

16 mins ago, FisherManz said:

Hey Fellas what’s your recommendations on bucktail colors in this washing machine out front? I’m thinking Yellow.??

Lime green / chartruce body and white head..........Andrus Jetty Caster.

23 mins ago, FisherManz said:

Hey Fellas what’s your recommendations on bucktail colors in this washing machine out front? I’m thinking Yellow.??

White with white tail . That’s what I was taught.

6 hours ago, Ripnowell45 said:

Just got back from Moco out front. Water is dirty but not horrible. Waves are crazy be careful if you decide to go out on a jetty korkers are a must. It looked really good but didn't get anything. Threw metals and bucktails. Tried to throw a bottle darter and it maybe went 15 ft.

Jetties.. now??? DON'T DO IT.

10 mins ago, JimK said:

Jetties.. now??? DON'T DO IT.

I was safe. Stayed back from the water and had my korkers on and never turned my back to the waves. Took some splash but was never in danger  I was very surprised when a guy came out in flip flops though. 

On 10/7/2019 at 7:23 PM, jerseystriper said:

Out back, way out back in Monmouth County river. Blue fish busting mullet, not huge 3-5 lbs. Had one hooked that I guess bigger as he actually took some drag on fly reel, came off when he manged to eat through the leader. I don;t bother with wire leaders most of time. Might use one tommorow as no reason they wont be back, in the back at sunset.