UncleJohn

October 2019 Fishing Reports

Rate this topic

1,141 posts in this topic

Got out for the first time this fall. NoMoCo front and back from 11 -1:30 this afternoon. Water still looked clean out front but stained in the back where I was. Felt good to get out but still needed with the skunk.

Been throwing the mag darter a lot lately because I’m 3 years of owning two of them I haven’t even been able to get a blue or even a nice rock to bite one off

2 mins ago, Rkfool said:

Been throwing the mag darter a lot lately because I’m 3 years of owning two of them I haven’t even been able to get a blue or even a nice rock to bite one off

Really?  A bone or bunker color mag darter in the medium size is one of my best fish catchers.

23 mins ago, Rkfool said:

Great fish catching plug.  Stay with it.

6 hours ago, ridenfish said:

Was tempted to make the drive today.  Glad I didn’t. 

I was was tempted and I’m kicking myself for not going tonight even if I would have skunked. I just don’t catch when the surf hits 4-6ft as it’s forecasted to be tonight.

That albie white flag is getting closer to reality for where I’m located and my two feet are on land and not boat.  

Btw, any sand eels anyone’s?

51 mins ago, Goldy said:

That albie white flag is getting closer to reality for where I’m located and my two feet are on land and not boat.  

Btw, any sand eels anyone’s?

This wind  looks really bad until Sunday and then we really only have about 2 weeks left "IF" they show up . Not looking good at all . They have been doing fast passes to some areas but only one or two shots at them all day and not everyday . So basically lucky to be in right spot at right time and then hope they want to eat ..  

Gotta love the honey holes... after dark they only wanted live peanuts... Wind was honking but this place is way... way in the back... first striper for me this year... biggest was maybe 26”... 

73F92160-090F-4BDE-91FB-C01658CEE325.png

7 hours ago, ridenfish said:

Really?  A bone or bunker color mag darter in the medium size is one of my best fish catchers.

That’s funny the two colors I have are bunker and bone lol

I know I’m going to get ripped for this but what the hell im not afraid to admit I don’t know what size buck tail to use and how to fish it off the beach. Any advice would be greatly appreciated 

17 mins ago, bechill11 said:

I know I’m going to get ripped for this but what the hell im not afraid to admit I don’t know what size buck tail to use and how to fish it off the beach. Any advice would be greatly appreciated 

You should do a search as this has been discussed many times in great detail or start a thread.

3 hours ago, bechill11 said:

YouTube John Skinner