UncleJohn

October 2019 Fishing Reports

Rate this topic

1,141 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

34 mins ago, ridenfish said:

Yup.  The wind forecast for this coming week is ridiculous.  Hard south to hard north east for days.  Maybe some stability coming next weekend ?

NoMoco South wind was whipping in the am needed some weight ala 3oz jig to get it out.

Couple of taps and dropped one.

Flipper and family showed up they had no problem fishing.

Heading for coffee and check out back. SH out marathon in there today. Hopefully it calms down next weekend

Edited by Blackheart16

Fished last 2 nites only a couple small bass to show for alot of effort. Lots of mullet pods out back unmolested. Also have to find a hole in my waders!! Had a gull grab a ss popper and luckily dropped it instantly without getting hooked so, atleast that was a plus

Out front OC 6-9am.  Wind is really whipping out there but still fish able.  Found some deeper holes even with dropping tide.  Had a few hits and was briefly hooked up with something very small around sunrise.   Saw some bunker in the surf. 

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, Hook 62 said:

Fished   O.C.this morning walked a good ways down the beach  no cuts no holes  desert.  I fished the whole tide high till. 745am  not a touch  didn't see any bait  just disappointed fishermen  everyone is disgusted  about the beaches down here.  Time to start going up north. :deadhorse:

SOC HT this morning was 2:36am ....so 5hrs. and nothing, not even a boofish....Wait, they're staging to attack the beaches of CMC up to Sea Bright theres gonna be some severe mental dpression up here next season as well...

Edited by Mr. Bigdeal

Moco out back, again found the bass in top. Still have yet to find any real size but I will take the numbers. Once the bite out back turned off went out front and quickly turned around. 

Out front, MoCo, from 7:15 to 9:30 am. One small fluke that popped off in the wash. Like others mentioned, hard SSE that was increasing in intensity as I left. Water was very fishable. Only thing missing was the fish! One brief blowup, with heavy bird action, way out of casting range. A gull flew past me with a mullet in its beak and two of his best buddies trying to steal it from him! Beach was loaded with small sand bugs. Didn't see any other bait, except for one very small, happy pod of mullet. Water still quite warm for this time of year. Debating on going back for high water, but that has been unproductive the last couple of days. May just be a fall asleep in the chair while watching football day. :snr:

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, adams54 said:

Everyone including myself had high hopes when the pelagics were showing early like never before. It HAD to be a good season...right?! 

Thought same thing. Last 2 years spoiled us. Ill say this about the weather...id take trash time wind and waves, dirty water the 1st two weeks of october if it meant relatively tranquil conditions through thanksgiving. Last year on Oct 23, we got into a really great striper bite with good numbers. A few days later on Oct 27 there was a pretty intense noreaster with about 5 days of 30mph winds right after. fast forward 2 weeks, On Nov 15, we had 5 inches of snow in Moco. nothing was ever right after that. Its like everything was out of whack thereafter. So ill take all the garbage now if it means being treated to a decent nov. fingers crossed. 

Edited by joefishnj21

Our front moco 630 to 930.  Hooked a small fluke and what thought at first was a coney island whitefish but then I said...no way hose. Even by them standards it was too big.....  That's all she wrote.

20191006_092820.jpg

4 hours ago, joefishnj21 said:

Thought same thing. Last 2 years spoiled us. Ill say this about the weather...id take trash time wind and waves, dirty water the 1st two weeks of october if it meant relatively tranquil conditions through thanksgiving. Last year on Oct 23, we got into a really great striper bite with good numbers. A few days later on Oct 27 there was a pretty intense noreaster with about 5 days of 30mph winds right after. fast forward 2 weeks, On Nov 15, we had 5 inches of snow in Moco. nothing was ever right after that. Its like everything was out of whack thereafter. So ill take all the garbage now if it means being treated to a decent nov. ]fingers crossed. 

Lest we forget the November special on the 15th.

20181115_180326.jpg.bd1bcba6f40e589ac5a0485ed80ab83a.jpg

19 mins ago, Blackheart16 said:

Lest we forget the November special on the 15th.

20181115_180326.jpg.bd1bcba6f40e589ac5a0485ed80ab83a.jpg

Pure hell that day to be on the road.

Late report from yeaterday. Got out around 0545 in MOCO. Wind was blowing good out of the north with nice clean whitewater. Tough conditions in the dark with timing the casts to the waves. Once visibility improved it was game on with the blues. Hot lures were 1.5oz buck tails, Hopkins shorty and small bottle plugs. Stopped counting at 45. 

Posted (edited)

Was out back in a creek in lower OC from 2:30-4:30.  Lots of bait and saw some fishing jumping out of the water.  Threw many different lures/plugs, but not even a nibble.  Also lost a pencil popper.   Probably would have caught something on the one thing I didn’t bring- metal.  

Edited by Jimo95

57 mins ago, JMB said:

Pure hell that day to be on the road.

I was working 6 miles from home that day , it took me 2+ hrs to get home.