UncleJohn

October 2019 Fishing Reports

Rate this topic

729 posts in this topic

Report as little or as much detail as you would like to provide the reader but please don't post specific street names or areas.

A specific spot is too much information!
It's not like telling a friend or two, posting it here is telling thousands. Doing so only creates crowds, garbage, and loss of our spots.

Try to keep other conversations, inquires, and rants in separate threads.

For example, you can say that you caught fish in Ocean County but saying that you got them at Ocean Beach is a no-no.

The terms to use are..........

Monmouth County
Ocean County
Atlantic County
Cape May County
North Jersey for the Hudson and other backwaters.

County name plus "In the back" for Inlets, Rivers, and Bays.

So a bit more encouraging report this morning making a move to the north.  Nice rolling water but when there was enough light found it was really dirty with low visibility.  Was just about ready to head out to look for cleaner water when I saw mullet being chased and a few fish rolling.  Needless to say with fish rolling and plenty of food to feed on I stayed.  Saw a number of bass riding the wave crest hunting the mullet.  Only problem with the dirty water you had to put the lure right on their nose to have them see it.  Even with all the activity right in front of me I could only land one fish.  After about and hour and a half they moved on.  I headed south and found clean clear water, but not much activity.  A few smaller mullet pods and maybe one chase.  Called it a morning around 9:30.  Will give the north country another try in the morning and hope for cleaner water and a return of the stripes.

DSCF2807.JPG

MOCO out front yesterday  late afternoon found half a dozen feisty little fish. Perfect conditions. They ignored all offerings for an hour but hit the blue/white mag darter on the first cast and for the next 45 minutes...then nothing.

IMG_4279.jpeg

Posted (edited) · Report post

Had a quick bite on the outgoing today. A blue and a bass on a bone sp. More fish to be had but couldnt connect. Bass was about 22in and verry skinny. Lots of bait observed. More than previous few days. Moco.

Edited by joefishnj21

58 mins ago, Qwik said:

Might as well get this started in the Oct thread . Are the Albies here, lol....no need to reply ...

Post a picture of one and see how many PM's you get.  LoL

4 hours ago, FishingmaniYaks said:

Encouraging report Mike. I think these east winds will have the water changing with more fish in them. Colder air is upon us in a few days. 

Yup....that east wind on Friday pushed the mullet right into the wash where I was in SOC with fish on them.....it was good.

Posted (edited) · Report post

Inside, Ocean County, last night and this morning. Plenty of blues wrecking soft plastic. Had a huge blow up on a yellow sp, but didn't hook up. Kayaking the back channels was fun, seems like plenty of bait, just need something to eat it. 

Edited by TimS
Please don't name towns, the county is plenty of info :-)

3 hours ago, Qwik said:

Might as well get this started in the Oct thread . Are the Albies here, lol....no need to reply ...

Funny. Hahah.  

Night tIme is the right time.   They changed this year