surfamerica

Quonnie Breachway

Rate this topic

85 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, Backroads said:

Cool vid! I want to buy a drone so bad!

Want to keep a kid off drugs, get them into droning?

They wouldn't have any other money left to buy the other stuff.

1 min ago, Capt.Castafly said:

Want to keep a kid off drugs, get them into droning?

They wouldn't have any other money left to buy the other stuff.

Seriously...this is the only reason I don't have one! 

SOCO breachways sound like a lot of fun! Some things never change. Yikes. That’s what happens when you have great striper spots with parking lots next to them and easy access.

I fished at one of the other b ways yesterday as the tide started to turn. As soon as I landed two fish, here comes the catchers (not fisherman), and proceeded to hog the prime real estate at the end and not willing to give an inch. I walked away remembering why I don't fish breachways during the daylight until the cold weather comes and separates the real guys from the hacks. One guy was catching good and if he hadnt traumatized the sub legal fish enough during the retrieve, he made sure to bounce them perfectly off of the rocks when he tossed them back. As I said NOT fisherman. 

I was down there one night last year or the year before and a truck pulled up at the parking area and tossed a stick of dynamite into the pilings of one of the docks. Huge underwater explosion and then the truck screwed out of there.   Not sure what that was about

Posted (edited) · Report post

2 hours ago, rbart said:

**** the breachways. Always been a clown show

Love the B-ways!

My own childhood memories of the breachways go back to the 70s. Don't recall any surf casters in the summers when we fished for fluke and scup and every cool sea creatures that would eat a sea worm.

My boys grew up on them too in the 2000s to now. We never come down for any reason without visiting our favorite BW.

The trick is to learn the season, learn the tide, learn the weather, learn to read the parking lot. Then figure out the many times when crowd is less but fishing still worth it.

There are tides the regular crowd rarely shows for but fish are all around. 

There's more to life than dangling a plug in an outflow. Use some imagination. :shaky:

Edited by mikez2

1 hour ago, mikez2 said:

Love the B-ways!

My own childhood memories of the breachways go back to the 70s. Don't recall any surf casters in the summers when we fished for fluke and scup and every cool sea creatures that would eat a sea worm.

My boys grew up on them too in the 2000s to now. We never come down for any reason without visiting our favorite BW.

The trick is to learn the season, learn the tide, learn the weather, learn to read the parking lot. Then figure out the many times when crowd is less but fishing still worth it.

There are tides the regular crowd rarely shows for but fish are all around. 

There's more to life than dangling a plug in an outflow. Use some imagination. :shaky:

I like tossing jigs a little further inside if it's too crowded at the tip.