11’ Black Hole striped bass special 2-8oz

Rate this topic

a rod n a reel

• 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 6/23/2020 at 6:55 PM, mport said:

Really nice build. Can I ask you how you like this rod and how it handles casting the weight range. Looking at building one up myself to fish the canal with. 

I have built 6 of these blanks. 5 of my friends really like it although they have only gotten fish upto 30lbs so far from the canal. 

I have casted sebile stick shad, 4-6oz jigs and your normal sp minnows and lighter plugs. The lure rating is on point at the moment. 

I haven’t casted 7 or 8oz cause I barely throw that. I will say the sweet spot is definitely 4 and 5 oz. Distance isn’t a problem, it hangs right there with century and cts for those who always compare it. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/27/2020 at 10:47 PM, HuyHavoc said:

Whats the tube size for the tip top guide??? 

Two blanks of the same model and mfg can have different tube sizes. Don't go off anything other than the blank physically in your possession which you intend to build. Been burned almost every time I trusted the posted tip size.

12 hours ago, RedGreen said:

Two blanks of the same model and mfg can have different tube sizes. Don't go off anything other than the blank physically in your possession which you intend to build. Been burned almost every time I trusted the posted tip size.

gotchu man. Thank you for the insight for someone just getting into building. Still learning

On 7/27/2020 at 10:47 PM, HuyHavoc said:

Whats the tube size for the tip top guide??? 

Tube 8. A little tight but it will fit all the way if I sand the finish a little. Blanks do differ but Tube 8 works fine. 

You can use tube 9 as well but it’s a little loose. If you thread the tip a little, the tube 9 will fit fine.