luckyOC

Delmarva Fishin' Reports - October 2019

Rate this topic

68 posts in this topic

AI -Monday to Tuesday noon. Good bait and no takers. Best catches were bloody mary's and cooked breakfast off the tailgate in the morning. Good to see Erik, CJ and Allen.

Edited by 7nBait

My fishy senses where tingling this am, would rather be on the beach with some fresh bait and 3 big rods out than going to work this am.... hope those that are out are having a good time

7 hours ago, luckyOC said:

My fishy senses where tingling this am, would rather be on the beach with some fresh bait and 3 big rods out than going to work this am.... hope those that are out are having a good time

I thought the same thing but you didn’t miss much. Fished from 7 to 11 this morning and only caught a skate and a handful of small blue fish. Our worst day fishing this week. 

I was was surprised at how few people were out. 

21 hours ago, luckyOC said:

Was out there with fresh bait (thanks Coleman clan) and 3 big rods. It felt fishy but the only thing you missed was a nice morning on the beach. Moved out a bit after 11:00 with a miserable ride home.

What a difference in 2 trips a week apart....  

Well crap, sorry guys... i did see the water temp fell out this last week

full moon, big front coming, seemed like good conditions.  Would of beat work either way lol

Fished out front last night and this morning, caught several stripers in the 14” range, a couple of spot, and a short flounder. All were caught on a teaser except the flounder, was caught with jig. Water was very flat.

4 hour suicide run.Arrived Friday around 1:00 ocean flat and water was dirty. Fished til Saturday 1:00. No sleep No bites . Fished near the fence. Only saw one truck. Fished above me Friday night.  I went into the beach sign said 3. When I left 130. Hope all had fun it the tournament. Looked like a mess. Trucks everywhere. Had to stop twice to let people move so I could get by.I guess they were in the zone. 

I got on a good tog bite in my kayak yesterday. Only one keeper but plenty of 14/15" shorts that were still a lot of fun on light tackle. Action was drop and reel until the tide changed and the bite died. Prodding around until I felt my rig fall into a hole was key. If I just cast out and let it sit it wasn't getting hit.keeptog.jpg.c98e960d58cdba01ab1c6a9e166022a7.jpg