luckyOC

Delmarva Fishin' Reports - October 2019

Rate this topic

68 posts in this topic

As always, this is the place for your reports... as little or as much detail as you care to share, with hopefully a good bit less focus posted on exact spots, times, and locations. Any and all word from the local waters welcome here, and "no fish" reports are welcome as well; always good to have gotten out there at least, wasn't it? 

;)

The tides and surf are both dropping way off today and tomorrow. If they ride the beach on today’s noon high tide and keep it closed, will they wait until noon tomorrow to reassess?  That would be very frustrating 

19 mins ago, Buckmark22 said:

Which beach? 

DEL? MAR? VA?

Its def not DE bc he's referring to assateague.  My guess is VA but idk for sure

CJ is referring to AI/MD.  And if that beach is closed due to high water you know the beach at Chincoteague is awash.

21 mins ago, SteveZ said:

CJ is referring to AI/MD.  And if that beach is closed due to high water you know the beach at Chincoteague is awash.

Thank you!

Heading to AI VA next weekend for the Oyster Festival....hoping the weather gods are in our favor!

17 mins ago, Redpaste said:

AI MD OSV is open to VA state line now. Hopefully it stays this way over the weekend, but forecast us calling for winds up to 25mph. 

True but the tides will almost be a foot less by Friday. Hoping along with you. 

I am seeing a major high tide this morning and on Saturday at around 2pm, hopefully it doesn't create overwash conditions again.

Got lucky with a window to head out. Caught this one just after midnight at top of high tide. Fattest drum I've ever caught. Meanest also. 

Maybe get lucky to go again between winds and beach open.

IMG_20191003_083329147.jpg

8 hours ago, Esoxhunter said:

Got lucky with a window to head out. Caught this one just after midnight at top of high tide. Fattest drum I've ever caught. Meanest also. 

Maybe get lucky to go again between winds and beach open.

IMG_20191003_083329147.jpg

Pretty fish, Phil!