fishless

Best brewery in NJ

Rate this topic

144 posts in this topic

18 hours ago, JMB said:

Can’t agree here. It may have reached a saturation point but I will never go back to cheap domestics. Had a chance the other day to stop in my favorite brewery Other Half (Brooklyn). The are just a notch above anything in Jersey though Kane is almost there.

I'm not going cheap domestics either. Most times, I just look for another jersey beer I haven't had. Just not typically an IPA anymore. 

Excellent thread.  Time and place can matter on this one.  Gearing down after a long night session and shootin' the chit  and laughing about the bite we just had (or didnt), few beers better than Cape May IPA as it's not too heavy.  (Followed by that sweet cat nap in the truck.  :wee:)

Then it could be 4pm the next day firing up the grill getting ready for some eats with the fam, Magnify's "Perception is Reality" (NEIPA) knocks it out of the park.  Kane Head High comes in 2nd.

Still think the Jersey breweries are slightly behind the out of state IPA makers.  But magnify and kane are up there.

1 hour ago, wasy said:

Do they allow the serving of food in micro breweries?

No. Outside food vendors come in though. Usually a food truck. 

8 mins ago, MitchellNJ said:

I just want a decent PEC truck to be on hand when standing in a three hour line behind Kane.

Yeah, that's just what you need.

22 mins ago, fishless said:

A bill was voted on to change this. 

Still not allowed as of yet though right? 

16 mins ago, MitchellNJ said:

I just want a decent PEC truck to be on hand when standing in a three hour line behind Kane.

No beer is worth that. 

8 mins ago, ChumSlickJon said:

Yeah, that's just what you need.

:laugh:

1 hour ago, fishless said:

What the hell is a PEC truck?

And what the hell are u waiting 3 hrs in line for?

Jebus, are you new here? Porkroll Egg Cheese. He's waiting for a Night to End All Dawns. 

Never had it but he and the rest of the hipsters go nuts for it. 

11 hours ago, Scallywag said:

Jebus, are you new here? Porkroll Egg Cheese. He's waiting for a Night to End All Dawns. 

Never had it but he and the rest of the hipsters go nuts for it. 

Cleary a hipster and his 3 hr beer line needs a hipster acronym for a sammich.  Bourbon Barrel crap is just that.  If you want the flavor of bourbon just drink bourbon. :dismay:

14 mins ago, fishless said:

Cleary a hipster and his 3 hr beer line needs a hipster acronym for a sammich.  Bourbon Barrel crap is just that.  If you want the flavor of bourbon just drink bourbon. :dismay:

I'm pretty much in agreement.