fishless

Best brewery in NJ

Rate this topic

144 posts in this topic

8 mins ago, dbech said:

Sounds like you’re about 3 minutes away from me at the moment Gilbey, lol.

Have you had anything from Troon? Good beer, hard to get.

:wave: 

Yes, I forgot about Troon, but I was only there once and the night I was there they were out of IPA. :o That's the place next to the distillery too, right? 

I'll give it another go though. 

The usuals like Kane, Carton, Cape May, Magnify are all great. Ludlam another good one. Last Wave brewing in Point Pleasant is good as well for a small brewery. My favorite in terms of hyperlocal is Pinelands. Usually have one of their beers rotating on the two taps here.

20 mins ago, surfcityNJ said:

My favorite in terms of hyperlocal is Pinelands.

Funny how Ocean County gets no respect, lol.

I like Pinelands as well. I've ben to a good bunch, but more keep popping up. 

My favorite is Triumph in Princeton. Their Amber lager and Pot de Cafe' ( sp ? )

are forever favorites. I'll drive the two hours before a holiday to fill growlers up.

My local is Toms River Brewery ( formerly Rinn Duin ) , They make the best Irish beer this side of the pond.

For heavy stuff, Backwards Flag down in Lacey is fantastic. Veteran owned and operated, hence the name. I just went by there yesterday and saw a Rum distillery opened up around the corner :D Twice the reason to make a run down.

3 hours ago, fishless said:

We should go back soon.  Supposedly their just released Porter is very good.  Right up Juans alley. 

It's hunting season, I'll be driving by.  Let's go  :beers:  

3 hours ago, Gilbey said:

but Kane Head High IPA on draft at the brewery is my favorite IPA of all time,

I’ve turned my adult children into hop heads. Kane is a family favorite as is Head High. My daughter got married this past May and we rolled in a couple kegs of Head High for the reception.:beers:

Sounds like I might have to take a brewery tour of NJ road trip sometime soon, lots of breweries on this thread that I never heard of before :th:

I will start AND end at Kane though :D . 

Not sure why it took me so long but tried my 1st Ship Bottom last night watching the game, the Hop and Hazy is a real easy drinking IPA that is now on my short list of things I'll buy that is canned and distributed.

Anybody try Eight and Sand yet?  Ordered a pint of their DDH IPA No. 2 last night but the keg kicked.  Waitress said that barrel kicked very quickly after putting on rotation. 

Backwards Flag is owned and operated by women vets.  Cant say I've have anything that stands out though.

Ship Bottom is good...Manafirkin in Manahawkin is pretty good too.  The first time I stopped there, the IPA I had wasn't that great.  Second time I had a flight and enjoyed all of them.  

Glad someone mentioned Tonewood. They are on the right track. Kane kills it with any style almost always. I can never fully get into Icarus. They just come up short somewhere in each beer for me. Troon pours are always available at Brickwall and getting a can requires a lot of prayer and luck. I have been on a streak since late April where my fridge has been full of Tree House so other than a few trips to Kane while in the area I haven't been buying much local beer. 

10 mins ago, RebelMusicNP said:

Glad someone mentioned Tonewood. They are on the right track. Kane kills it with any style almost always. I can never fully get into Icarus. They just come up short somewhere in each beer for me. Troon pours are always available at Brickwall and getting a can requires a lot of prayer and luck. I have been on a streak since late April where my fridge has been full of Tree House so other than a few trips to Kane while in the area I haven't been buying much local beer. 

How do you go about getting your Tree House?  I'm very interested in trying but haven't found anyone willing to trade and don't get up that way.