fishless

Best brewery in NJ

Rate this topic

144 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Gooch said:

I bartend at Hidden Sands Brewing in Egg Harbor Township down off exit 37 on the Parkway or exit 7s on the AC expressway.

They do a few things different than many.

First, they drilled their own well on site, 650 feet down to get the water for their beer rather than city water like most other breweries.

Second, They hired a Master Brewer with 20 years experience from Sam Adams, Victory, Lagunitas and a few more

Third, they made the place big enough so they'll never have to move so the beer always tastes the same

The beer there is the type you come back too. Solid beer rather than the type you try once in a flight, but won't drink pint after pint of.

But I guess I'm biased, lol

Never heard of it but I'd be willing to try it, obviously. 

The water thing is what Pinelands boasts for their beer. The Kirkwood Cohansey aquifer running through the pines has some of the cleanest, purest water in the country. 

On ‎10‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 0:43 PM, Gooch said:

I bartend at Hidden Sands Brewing in Egg Harbor Township down off exit 37 on the Parkway or exit 7s on the AC expressway.

They do a few things different than many.

First, they drilled their own well on site, 650 feet down to get the water for their beer rather than city water like most other breweries.

Second, They hired a Master Brewer with 20 years experience from Sam Adams, Victory, Lagunitas and a few more

Third, they made the place big enough so they'll never have to move so the beer always tastes the same

The beer there is the type you come back too. Solid beer rather than the type you try once in a flight, but won't drink pint after pint of.

But I guess I'm biased, lol

I've heard good things.  Looking forward to trying.  Perhaps you and some HS should make an appearance at the Fall Fling.  :beers:

On 10/9/2019 at 10:42 AM, coolhandfluke said:

old English 800 ?

No, I'm white. 

On 10/10/2019 at 2:15 PM, Scallywag said:

This is not a dig, but I really think it's an age thing. People my age and younger are all into the craft stuff now and have no shame in just taking whatever. I think you're less likely to find older guys into the crafts. 

Just 15 years ago, all the beers I was drinking were safe, no matter who was there. 

Please. :rolleyes: I've been drinking different kinds of beers since I started drinking, you whippersnapper! Your beer won't be safe around me. 

2 hours ago, fishless said:

I've heard good things.  Looking forward to trying.  Perhaps you and some HS should make an appearance at the Fall Fling.  :beers:

Road trip!! I'll grab the nose picker on my way!!

1 hour ago, MikeMc said:

No, I'm white-ish. 

Please. :rolleyes: I've been drinking different kinds of beers since I started drinking, you whippersnapper! Your beer won't be safe around me. 

Most alcoholics will get their fix anyway they can. 

1 hour ago, MikeMc said:

Road trip!! I'll grab the nose picker on my way!!

You have to drive, the oxy with beer just might make me a bit tired. Getting cut out of a car once is enough for me.