Salmon River 2019

Rate this topic

adobo

1 hour ago, fishless said:

I was told to use it on my spinning rod.  But what do I know.  I was listening to the tread starter who skunks every year.

Keep listening to the thread starter who keeps skunking each year. 

"With all things being equal, the simplest explanation tends to be the right one..."

(*member formerly known as 'adoboboy')

1 hour ago, ChumSlickJon said:

I think Adobo needs to go back to the old school.

large_8172_IMG_0332.JPG

That will be in the bag next year plus some flatfish. 

"With all things being equal, the simplest explanation tends to be the right one..."

(*member formerly known as 'adoboboy')

2 hours ago, Danny1199 said:

I'm talking about snaggers. I thought I made that clear. 

Snaggers usually aren't landing them in the mouth. 

When I go up there, I still see snaggers. Those are the ones I'm calling ignorant. 

Not legal fisherman. 

You called Ismail a snagger and went on a tirade, even saying he's raising another snagger...AFTER he told you they catch all their fish in the mouth with legal tackle. That's what I'm talking about...that was you telling someone who's doing everything legally that they are a snagger, not a "real" fisherman. The article you used as evidence that he was wrong about the salmon not eating most of the time supported his position that they don't eat most of the time, you just chose to get something different out of it. Here's the quote:

"Anglers in Michigan rivers have long known that Chinook and coho salmon will bite on eggs and egg imitations. Salmon were believed to stop feeding in rivers, but recent research suggests this isn’t always the case."

Research "suggests" this isn't "always" the case - you know that means that most of the time is IS the case, right? The part where he said 99% of the time, while an exaggeration, is closer than your suggesting they ALWAYS eat. You called him a snagger, he said he catches them in the mouth with legal gear - you insulting him, you insulted his parenting saying he's raising another snagger and continually reference "real" fishermen...like yourself...who also fishes legally and hooks them in the mouth. So I removed all that stuff from the thread. It defies logic, Dan, to call someone a snagger when they just got done explaining to you that they fish with legal gear and catch their fish in the mouth...and there's never a good time to insult someone's parenting while they are sharing pictures of their six year old kid out fishing with their father...legally. You don't know Ismail, he's one of the good guys, he's out there fishing with his little boy, he deserves all the credit in the world...instead, you insult him because you read an article that doesn't really say what you think it said. My point is, we are all friends here, we all love the same things, even if you had been correct that salmon always eat the stuff you are throwing - and I don't agree with that - there's no need to be insulting and negative about it :)

TimS

Show someone how to catch striped bass and they'll be ready to fish anywhere.
Show someone where to go striped bass fishing and you'll have a desperate report chaser with loose lips.