Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rwilhelm

Wind Direction

Rate this topic

13 posts in this topic

Just curious will you not fish if you don’t like the wind direction?  Or just go when you can and not worry about if not ideal. 

I don’t really like a west wind like tonight for east facing spots.  

Edited by rwilhelm

Only wind direction that I’ll consider not fishing in is a SE as it usually results in a groundswell.  Even then I have a couple spots that produce, but it doesn’t happen often. 

Edited by rbart

13 hours ago, Kooky said:

I dislike NW wind, and will pass on those days unless it’s an ideal tide. 

Agree.  I find a NW wind is often accompanied by high pressure as well.  High pressure is no bueno.

I don't like the NW either but the only ones I really avoid are east winds. 

The east tends to kick up the big swells that dig up the sand and weed and mung. East is the dirtiest wind, even on the south facing coast.

The SW usually isn't dirty except for wind blown eel grass but the one that kicked up Monday was redistributing all the smeg from the last storms. Never saw a SW stir up dirty so quick.

22 mins ago, mikez2 said:

I don't like the NW either but the only ones I really avoid are east winds. 

The east tends to kick up the big swells that dig up the sand and weed and mung. East is the dirtiest wind, even on the south facing coast.

The SW usually isn't dirty except for wind blown eel grass but the one that kicked up Monday was redistributing all the smeg from the last storms. Never saw a SW stir up dirty so quick.

Love E wind!

1 hour ago, Kooky said:

Love E wind!

Hard to plan a time off from work/long azz drive/no sleep trip around an E wind.

Nothing worse than investing all that effort only to find chocolate milk and salad. 

Especially now that my few trips per year are heavily slanted towards funny business. 

Funny fish get too hard to find in dirty water.

3 mins ago, mikez2 said:

Hard to plan a time off from work/long azz drive/no sleep trip around an E wind.

Nothing worse than investing all that effort only to find chocolate milk and salad. 

Especially now that my few trips per year are heavily slanted towards funny business. 

Funny fish get too hard to find in dirty water.

I hear you.  I am speaking only from a Bass perspective.  East facing rock piles are great in an east wind, as long as dont mind getting a little wet.

7 mins ago, Kooky said:

I hear you.  I am speaking only from a Bass perspective.  East facing rock piles are great in an east wind, as long as dont mind getting a little wet.

True.

Gotta admit I'm getting less and less willing to get wet and pounded for schoolies. 

I was hardcore long ago. Eel grass in my hair, sand in my shorts, barnacle cuts on ten fingers from clinging for dear life.

Now I'm reluctant to get my shoes wet.