bhorsley

Brazil Amazonia report

Rate this topic

14 posts in this topic

I just returned form hosting trip with Nomadic Waters in Brazil for peacock bass.  We fished the tributaries of the Uatuma River. Water was a touch high to a late rise of the river.  This made fishing a bit harder.  Fishing for peacock bass is the most technical fishing we do.  It aint easy but so much fun.  I had a cloud of suck over me most of the week and I felt sorry for my guide and my boat mates because the cloud of suck covered them as well.  My guys and gals embraced higher water and kicked butt.  Life aboard the boat was awesome.  Nomadic Waters runs the best operation I have had the pleasure of fishing with.  I am very lucky and have fished a lot of great places with outstanding staff but NW crew is the best 

Tropical OBS Intermediates were the go to lines.  I also fished a type 6 RIO Jungle line with success. I fished the new 8wt Sage Payload and this rod is perfect for peacocks.  it will throw darts and has plenty of butt to pry the bass out of cover.   I am looking forward to our return next September 

_B190015.jpg

_B190098.jpg

_B190127.jpg

_B190719.jpg

_B190740.jpg

_B190766.jpg

_B190799.jpg

_B190865.jpg

_B199806.jpg

_B199809.jpg

_B199883.jpg

_B199911.jpg

_B199960.jpg

_B199989.jpg

Edited by bhorsley

That is awesome.  Planning a trip in the next few years for peacock's in Brazil with the family.  Kids are finally old enough and I was going to start researching guides.  Will go with Nomadic Waters since it looks like you were taken care of.  

8 mins ago, Killiefish said:

Brian, what kind of fish is that in the second to last photo?  Taken on a fly?

it is a damnifiknow ---shad like and jumps like a tarpon and yes they eat flies 

Looks like another awesome trip-- you've been on a roll this year.  Now it's back to the drudgery of albies and big reds.  See you at the Cape this fall!  (small albies have been busting all the way down to New River the last couple of weeks with bait everywhere.  Not "On" yet but it's started as I'm sure you already know.)

5 hours ago, bmac said:

Looks like another awesome trip-- you've been on a roll this year.  Now it's back to the drudgery of albies and big reds.  See you at the Cape this fall!  (small albies have been busting all the way down to New River the last couple of weeks with bait everywhere.  Not "On" yet but it's started as I'm sure you already know.)

not drudgery --looking forward to being in one place for a while.  love albie fishing at the cape---it is like a vacation

On 9/24/2019 at 0:34 PM, bhorsley said:

I just returned form hosting trip with Nomadic Waters in Brazil for peacock bass.  We fished the tributaries of the Uatuma River. Water was a touch high to a late rise of the river.  This made fishing a bit harder.  Fishing for peacock bass is the most technical fishing we do.  It aint easy but so much fun.  I had a cloud of suck over me most of the week and I felt sorry for my guide and my boat mates because the cloud of suck covered them as well.  My guys and gals embraced higher water and kicked butt.  Life aboard the boat was awesome.  Nomadic Waters runs the best operation I have had the pleasure of fishing with.  I am very lucky and have fished a lot of great places with outstanding staff but NW crew is the best 

Tropical OBS Intermediates were the go to lines.  I also fished a type 6 RIO Jungle line with success. I fished the new 8wt Sage Payload and this rod is perfect for peacocks.  it will throw darts and has plenty of butt to pry the bass out of cover.   I am looking forward to our return next September 

_B190015.jpg

_B190098.jpg

_B190127.jpg

_B190719.jpg

_B190740.jpg

_B190766.jpg

_B190799.jpg

_B190865.jpg

_B199806.jpg

_B199809.jpg

_B199883.jpg

_B199911.jpg