flyangler

I M P E A C H M E N T - Drumbeat Gets Louder

Rate this topic

311 posts in this topic

Can Pelosi continue to resist? She must be hearing the drums beating while she sleeps. 

Seven House Dem rookies have sent the WaPo a letter saying they will support an impeachment inquiry. There brave souls, all elected in moderate districts and allegedly with national security backgrounds, are no saying the support impeachment, the act, just an inquiry. That Nadler has already launched that I am not sure I understand their point. I need to go read the article.  

Media everywhere now acknowledging the source or whistle-tooter has no direct knowledge of the call, that is nothing more than hearsay. It is also being reported that there could have been up to 25 participants in the call - where are the complaints or support to the allegations from them? 

Pelosi has called for a conference call for her caucus today to discuss impeachment. Stay tuned. 

ETA: Trump said at UN yesterday that he hopes the Media and public can see transcript "soon". If this is an impromptu Trumpian trap, except that transcript to be released with just before or just after the Pelosi conference call. That would maximize impact, especially if afterward to allow the leaks from the Dems' call to seep out. 

Edited by tomkaz

49 mins ago, Nessmuk said:

Do they not know what they're doing for to their next presidential term? And do they expect us to restrain the Republicans from acting in kind?

You think Reps have been restrained under the last few Dem Presidents? 

Groupthink is a psychological phenomenon that occurs within a group of people in which the desire for harmony or conformity in the group results in an irrational or dysfunctional decision-making outcome.

They can't help themselves !

1 hour ago, tomkaz said:

ETA: Trump said at UN yesterday that he hopes the Media and public can see transcript "soon". If this is an impromptu Trumpian trap, except that transcript to be released with just before or just after the Pelosi conference call. That would maximize impact, especially if afterward to allow the leaks from the Dems' call to seep out. 

Sure, Trump would love to release info about the call, and the whistleblower's complaint. Just like he'd love to release his taxes.

An inquiry is meaningless words that serves only to keep the simple minded on message...……. Orange Man Bad.

Unless there is hard evidence that will stand up to a trial Pelosi will resist actual impeachment efforts.

She knows full well that to impeach Trump over bruised feelings will be the end of the Democrats.

It will be interesting to see if the AOCs and newbies try to stage a coup and oust her as speaker.

20 mins ago, patchyfog said:

Sure, Trump would love to release info about the call, and the whistleblower's complaint. Just like he'd love to release his taxes.

You can rest assured that if it will benefit Trump and hurt the Democrats he will release it.

Edited by Gotcow?

4 mins ago, Gotcow? said:

You can rest assured that if it will benefit Trump and hurt the Democrats will release it.

Of course. But do you expect him to release it? 

Whether the drumbeat is getting louder or not, Pelosi is rightfully worried that her party would be committing political suicide, and heading for the wilderness if they proceed with impeachment based on the flimsiest evidence.

She knows Trump wants to be impeached, and also knows Trump will use that process to not only rally his base, but to appeal to moderates sense of fair play in fighting injustice. She also realized that the marginal seats they hold will be in jeopardy, that even Democrat stronghold seats will be challenged.

Imagine the hypocritical furore if Trump wins the popular vote, how pathetic the cries of 'not my President's will be.

12 mins ago, patchyfog said:

Bet you $5 donated to charity of winner's choosing that the transcript is released by Thursday. 

They know impeachment is not going to pass in the Senate, and they know they have no compelling facts that justify Impeachment. I can only assume are blinded by the hate of seeing their party relentlessly exposed for their fraudulent behavior. I look forward to the proceedings beginning. The backlash of this action, and subsequent death spiral of their party, will be one for the history books.