D1fishr

Anyone ever feel nostalgic?

Rate this topic

11 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, jimmy z said:

Sure, as I get older the feeling is more prevalent. It's all part of what we know doing this thing we do. :howdy:

Yes! “This used to work, maybe it still works...”

You bet I do. Good memories don’t fade; they become more important to us. What would any of our lives be like without memories of our past? 

1 hour ago, valentine said:

You bet I do. Good memories don’t fade; they become more important to us. What would any of our lives be like without memories of our past? 

Well said. It was just something about last night. Caught the skunk, but my head is now back on right. 

34 mins ago, D1fishr said:

Well said. It was just something about last night. Caught the skunk, but my head is now back on right. 

Your photo made me think of my own Penn Greenies and the old rods they go on. The first custom rod I ever got was built on a honey colored Fenwick blank and it had a new 710 greenie on it. I still have it, though it’s rarely used anymore. It just makes me feel good to know that I have it still.

Whenever I see a greenie Im reminded of my lucky back up reel. My go to/primary reel is a vs150 but a few years back my Dad acquired a Penn707 greenie for a good deal at a fishing show. The original plan was to drill it into a PennStaal but i thought itd lose the mojo so I kept it as is.

Whenever my VS fails or is in for service, I breakout the greenie, which in the last 4 years has been 5 or 6 times. Each time I bust out the greenie I hook into, what feels like, a random 30+ fish. These fish are "random" meaning Im either not catching anything else or Im into smaller fish and i get one random big fish.

I believe this was Shell E Caris' old greenie according to my Dad but I cant confirm because I wasnt at the show with him.

1 hour ago, Keifer said:

Simpler times ..... always seemed like it was a better .... make do with what you had 

Sometimes, less is more. 

1 hour ago, valentine said:

Your photo made me think of my own Penn Greenies and the old rods they go on. The first custom rod I ever got was built on a honey colored Fenwick blank and it had a new 710 greenie on it. I still have it, though it’s rarely used anymore. It just makes me feel good to know that I have it still.

Awesome! Have that setup, but with a 711.

58 mins ago, DragonsLax48 said:

Whenever I see a greenie Im reminded of my lucky back up reel. My go to/primary reel is a vs150 but a few years back my Dad acquired a Penn707 greenie for a good deal at a fishing show. The original plan was to drill it into a PennStaal but i thought itd lose the mojo so I kept it as is.

Whenever my VS fails or is in for service, I breakout the greenie, which in the last 4 years has been 5 or 6 times. Each time I bust out the greenie I hook into, what feels like, a random 30+ fish. These fish are "random" meaning Im either not catching anything else or Im into smaller fish and i get one random big fish.

I believe this was Shell E Caris' old greenie according to my Dad but I cant confirm because I wasnt at the show with him.

Picking up that reel... you have chosen wisely.