New to the board

Rate this topic

Keifer

I got so good at bait fishing that I got bored and just stopped fishing for a while and that’s never a good thing. So I’m challenging myself with all that I’ve learned here and on the water.  I take 6 lures out Every trip and try to catch at least 1 on each lure I’m 1-5 since Monday. Plugs all day idc if they are catching 40’s on bunker heads in 5ft of water. 

Should've had a v8.

There’s nothing wrong with sitting back on a beach enjoying the view with a rod in a sand spike. I treat fishing and hunting the same way if you get to bring food home it’s a bonus. What’s the point of catching a fish and stressing it out and then hopefully it lives another day.

On 9/23/2019 at 9:37 PM, Keifer said:

Hi ... I been throwing plugs for the past few years and I’m thinking of going back to throwing bait and chilling instead of working plugs like it’s a job  Am I getting old or just lazy

You are fine. I go back and forth. For me it is not about throwing plugs and jigs vs throwing bait as much as it is using what will get bites. Why throw plugs if they are only biting on live bait? On the other hand it can bet boring sitting there waiting for something to bite when I can be active. The thrill of artificial is always better for me though. Anyway, change it up, have fun. There is no right or wrong.