Bow390

Where do you carry your water bottle?

Rate this topic

36 posts in this topic

I leave it in the sand on the beach and go back to it as needed. 

I carry nothing with me when I’m actually fishing except the rod I’m using, a knife and a pair of pliers. I’m never more than a hundred feet from my gear on the sand.

19 hours ago, tomkaz said:

Wader belt? D-ring on waders? 

9EA2CAE5-FCBF-4621-BA84-B388006B453A.jpeg.72b98c9ea40d6952da3fe5e221b9a7fb.jpeg

Look up on Amazon - 2 for $7.99

Hanging Buckle Mineral Water Bottle Clip/Drink Holder/Drinks Bottle Buckle For Camping Hiking Traveling Outdoor, Pack of 2

Yes, I've gone that route with the belt/ring connection to the water bottle with one of the Amazon sellers. Mine works fine. Water bottle feels a bit heavy hanging from the belt but sure do appreciate it after an hour or two in hot weather. Putting a 16 oz. bottle in my pocket is just too much to walk around with.

This is a REALLY good question, and one that I've thought about a lot. Buddy and I always carry a backpack with water, snacks, bolt cutters, braid, plugs, etc....but said bag is always on the beach while we're out on the rocks...And I get THIRSTY...Especially after taking a wave or two to the dome....For a while I tucked a water bottle into my wetsuit...For a while I tucked a water bottle into my surf jacket...I even asked Jamie (Flatlander) to make me one of those bottle holders....But a few months ago I started wearing a Camelback, and it changed my life. I'll NEVER go back. I can swim with it. It's very low profile, so doesn't get in the way. It only holds like 48ozs, so it's not heavy. I just take small sips off it whenever I need to, and it saves me from that maddening thirst that comes after 3 hours on a rock in the middle of the night. 

On 9/23/2019 at 9:47 PM, tomkaz said:

Wader belt? D-ring on waders? 

9EA2CAE5-FCBF-4621-BA84-B388006B453A.jpeg.72b98c9ea40d6952da3fe5e221b9a7fb.jpeg

Look up on Amazon - 2 for $7.99

Hanging Buckle Mineral Water Bottle Clip/Drink Holder/Drinks Bottle Buckle For Camping Hiking Traveling Outdoor, Pack of 2

I agree. D ring on waders or even jeans works perfectly. 

You guys need to ditch the single use plastic water bottles. 597 caps found between 15 people last week in about an hours work. Majority are the smaller translucent caps from single use bottles. Get yourself a reusable bottle and stop getting ripped off by Coca-Cola, Pepsi, and Nestle. 

Screen Shot 2019-09-27 at 4.37.51 PM.png

https://www.amazon.com/Insulated-Detachable-Adjustable-Shoulder-Carrier/dp/B07L2SHXW4/ref=pd_day0_hl_468_6/137-6956720-1671904?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B07L2SHXW4&pd_rd_r=ef48a2b6-e171-4a09-b3d4-fe83bed54e77&pd_rd_w=Zacvs&pd_rd_wg=zMJpC&pf_rd_p=ad07871c-e646-4161-82c7-5ed0d4c85b07&pf_rd_r=5HQ36FTFPCT42MAABAGF&refRID=5HQ36FTFPCT42MAABAGF

I'm looking at one of these. I normally use my back pack but when I go to Mexico in August it's too much to bring. In that heat I need cold water. This year I was able to freeze 2 1 ltr bottles half full and then fill with water and they just fit in my small surf bag. It's a bit heavy for the first hour but then I start pounding back the water and soon one is empty. This let's me fish about 5 hours walking along the beach before I pack it in for lunch and a siesta. For a boat trip, one will last me almost 4 hours. If it's not half frozen, it goes from cold to warm in an hour.

4 hours ago, surfcityNJ said:

You guys need to ditch the single use plastic water bottles. 597 caps found between 15 people last week in about an hours work. Majority are the smaller translucent caps from single use bottles. Get yourself a reusable bottle and stop getting ripped off by Coca-Cola, Pepsi, and Nestle. 

Screen Shot 2019-09-27 at 4.37.51 PM.png

Have you seen those dissections of those birds with their stomachs filled with those? It's sickening.