Dan Tinman

Sea Bass jigs

6 posts in this topic

Since a lot of head boats are concentrating on Black Sea Bass these days a line of jigs just for them makes sense.

Here's what I'm offering.  They are a Herring shaped jig in 4 sizes and 5 color combinations.  As always the base coat of paint is heat cured powder, and the accent colors are sprayed vinyl.  The whole thing is then covered with heat cured powder or epoxy.  Hooks are 2x strong Mustad #9175 that are plated for salt water use.

Prices are:

1 oz = 5.00 ea

2 oz = 6.00 ea

3 oz = 7.00 ea

4 oz = 8.00 ea

Shipping is extra.

fullsizeoutput_fa1.jpeg.66f9db9ce1c8cbb7d7180a16318b472f.jpeg

Don't hesitate to ask questions.  

Thanks for looking and good luck fishing. 

16 hours ago, YakDawg said:

Hi Dan,  Can you make these with a chrome finish?

Yes I can.  Matter of fact I was planning on doing just that.

I also discovered they have a nice wiggle action when cast' and retrieved.  Knowing that I'll probably make some of the chrome ones with hair tied tail hooks.

3 hours ago, Dan Tinman said:

Yes I can.  Matter of fact I was planning on doing just that.

I also discovered they have a nice wiggle action when cast' and retrieved.  Knowing that I'll probably make some of the chrome ones with hair tied tail hooks.

That's what I'm looking for.

OK.  Got the plated versions back today and here they are.  

One thing I discovered while developing these is they have a natural swimming action.  I was jigging them off a boat dock and bending them to see if the jigging action could be improved.  For some reason I cast them a couple times and sure enough they had a nice wiggle.  Nothing too exaggerated or erratic but it's there.  For that reason I'm also going to offer them with a dressed hook.

The pictures show the chromed (new) versions only but the painted ones can be had with a dressed hook too.  

Prices for the chromed version with or without dressed hooks is the same as the original Sea Bass type shown at the top of this thread.  

Thanks for looking and good luck fishing.

dan

fullsizeoutput_fe5.jpeg.5d088d95ff5fdcb61a71c4eb42536198.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_fe2.jpeg.1b82c27958a28b9c7a9ee66619a22e22.jpeg

Edited by Dan Tinman