frazerp

Common Cents Spreadsheet

Rate this topic

3 posts in this topic

Hey you fly rod gurus - this clip from my spreadsheet shows DBI (Defined Bending Index) as ERN/AA.

I have increased the ERN table by 0.125, i.e. 200 cents has an ERN of 25.28.

My AAs (Active Angle) are somewhat temporary & I/m working on more precise measurement.

I get DBIs more in line with the CCS part1, by reversing the equation (AA/ERN)

Anyone got any pointers ???

Or wishing to help review the spreadsheet itself, just let me know...

Thanks

CCS Spreadsheet Clip.JPG

Hi frazerp,

Good work on starting your own CCS record. A couple small alterations I might suggest: first, although your cents to grams conversions are spot on, the green box at the top of the screenshot is backwards; 2.5g to a cent, it ought to say. Second, it strikes me as though your ERN conversions on the upper end of the spectrum are a bit off. Here's a link to a conversion chart up to ERN 200:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KrbaZnIAOxhyli7O3f3WqUpvYzyzlXCB/view?usp=sharing

And here's my Google Sheets version of the above chart in very fine detail, along with some miscellaneous graphs I played around with in the winter:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14JsRHe7qSQ8tscC5bCk6UdBfH3v1anRijWJACfEhxNM/edit?usp=sharing

Going by the chart, Red's PB 1409-4 should have an ERN of 18.98---a figure we both agree on. 

Other than that, looks good to me. Easy to fall into the trap of going by CCS as the be-all and end-all measure of a rod, but fun to play around with from time to time to compare rods objectively. 

Dan

Dan - mucho thanks for yr response. The NF pdf is a bit difficult to read, but the IP/ERN-TP-PR #s seem useful, tho I'll have to look up TP & PR.

I am sort of a data freak & I do understand your point about soley relying on CCS.

Thanks again