What is this called (dual Penn No. 49's mounted)?

5 posts in this topic

Two Penn No.49 Deep Sea reels mounted on a plate for mounting on the gunnel. I've had this for years, but forgot about it. Left and right-handed reels. What is the purpose of mounting these reels in this way, and is there a name for this setup? 


Edited by TimS

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

They are mounted like that to be used for trolling teaser rigs on outriggers...that's why they aren't mounted to rods. They weren't used for fishing, the teasers wouldn't have hooks in them, they were dragged to create disturbance and draw fish to the boat. There are other similar uses, like for using kites to get baits away from the boat but keep them near the surface.



Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.