flyangler

Trump, Modi and 50k+ Cheering Indians in Houston Texas

Rate this topic

30 posts in this topic

Why doesn’t this get much US Media coverage? 

In Houston TEXAS, 50-70,000 Indians come together to cheer Indian PM Modi and Donald Trump. I listened to Modi's comments live as he introduced Trump to "his people". Makes one wonder about Trump's supposed hatred of non-whites. Also, if the two were not only there to impress a US based audience, but two other offshore audiences, in China and Pakistan. 

Can someone remind me again how Trump does not understand global politics and is supposedly befouling our relationships with our allies? 

IT WAS YUGE:  “Howdy Modi” Event In Houston: Trump And Indian PM Modi Celebrate U.S.-India Alliance.

This, too, is part of Trump’s diplomatic response to the Chinese.

Plus:

11325CDD-EEA4-40F0-B6F0-570AC591490B.jpeg.76ce1f0e390fe344fcb96a7cb3fede0f.jpeg

If being idiotic were a barrier, the Democrats wouldn’t have any narratives.

UPDATE:  At a rally like no other, Trump woos Indian American voters ahead of 2020.   “Instead of red Make America Great Again hats, there were turbans and Islamic caps. Women in traditional Indian garb danced to bhangra drums. And tens of thousands of cheering Indian Americans chanted ‘USA!’ and snapped photos.”

Yeah I wonder how many of those 5-7 thousand are here on work visa’s?

And how many IT US citizens were displaced from jobs by them.

How many jobs have been moved offshore. Trump rails against illegals taking jobs, I wonder how many tech jobs have been offshored.

Hint a fricking lot I’ve been on projects where I’m the only guy not on a visa and all dev work is done offshore.

1 min ago, Jay Dog said:

Yeah I wonder how many of those 5-7 thousand are here on work visa’s?

And how many IT US citizens were displaced from jobs by them.

How many jobs have been moved offshore. Trump rails against illegals taking jobs, I wonder how many tech jobs have been offshored.

Hint a fricking lot I’ve been on projects where I’m the only guy not on a visa and all dev work is done offshore.

You sound racist too me.

5 mins ago, ken r said:

You sound racist too me.

Nope they for the most part are great guys and I’ve eaten and drank with them. I don’t blame them but I do know that a lot of guys in the business who couldn’t find work or it was half of what they were getting. It’s the offshore piece that’s the big thing

Edited by Jay Dog

I find it an interesting love-in considering how much Trump hates those foreigners stealing our jobs. Here's an interesting statistic, and keep in mind most of the jobs sent to India were not evil union jobs when they were here (full link here: https://brandongaille.com/26-us-outsourcing-statistics-and-trends/ ) This is 2 years old, but being an IT guy I doubt very much has changed...

10 Top Outsourced Countries

A listing of the top 10 outsourced countries and their overall rating and workforce is located below.

1. India (7.1) – 1.43 billion
2. Indonesia (6.9) – 1.03 billion
3. China – (6.4) – 780 million
4. Bulgaria (6.4) – 3 million
5. Phillipines (6.3) – 39 million
6. Jordan (6.2) – 2 million
7. Singapore (6.5) – 3 million
8. Thailand (6.0) – 39 million
9. Lithuania (5.9) – 2 million
10. Egypt (5.8) – 26 million

16 mins ago, stormy monday said:

I find it an interesting love-in considering how much Trump hates those foreigners stealing our jobs. Here's an interesting statistic, and keep in mind most of the jobs sent to India were not evil union jobs when they were here (full link here: https://brandongaille.com/26-us-outsourcing-statistics-and-trends/ ) This is 2 years old, but being an IT guy I doubt very much has changed...

10 Top Outsourced Countries

A listing of the top 10 outsourced countries and their overall rating and workforce is located below.

1. India (7.1) – 1.43 billion
2. Indonesia (6.9) – 1.03 billion
3. China – (6.4) – 780 million
4. Bulgaria (6.4) – 3 million
5. Phillipines (6.3) – 39 million
6. Jordan (6.2) – 2 million
7. Singapore (6.5) – 3 million
8. Thailand (6.0) – 39 million
9. Lithuania (5.9) – 2 million
10. Egypt (5.8) – 26 million

For the last time NOT foreigners, specifically ILLEGAL aliens. This on going dishonesty is so tiresome.....

1 hour ago, ken r said:

For the last time NOT foreigners, specifically ILLEGAL aliens. This on going dishonesty is so tiresome.....

From Computerworld;

"President Donald Trump promised Tuesday to crack down on offshore outsourcing, which he blamed for displacing some of the best American workers. He didn't say how he might do it and didn't raise the H-1B visa issue, which he has previously blamed for enabling offshoring.

But Trump aimed a fiery broadside at offshore outsourcing at an Oval Office ceremony concerning two bills, both aimed at encouraging more women to study and seek careers in the areas of science, technology, engineering and math (STEM). His comments went well beyond the scope of the two bills.

"Currently, only one in four women who gets a STEM degree is working in a STEM job, which is not fair and it's not even smart that people aren't taking advantage of it," said Trump at the bill signing Tuesday. He called it unacceptable."

"Protecting women with STEM degrees and all Americans with STEM degrees -- very important," said Trump, It "also means you have to crack down on offshoring because offshoring is a tremendous problem that displaces many of our best American workers and brains, the brain power."

Link: https://www.computerworld.com/article/3175774/trump-says-offshoring-displaces-our-best-american-workers.html

Nothing there about anyone's immigration status. Nice attempt at revisionist hisory though.