Sandflee

Freak accident Davo Karnicar

Rate this topic

19 posts in this topic

Dies cutting a tree on his property

On Oct. 7, 2000, Davo Karnicar’s fervor for extreme skiing took him to the summit of Mount Everest. His goal: ski nonstop to base camp, 12,000 feet down — a feat no one had yet achieved. Yep 

Everyone has a gift,” he told The Times of London shortly before the expedition. “I know how to ski. Someone else might know how to drive a Formula I car.”

Karnicar and his team had spent a month climbing the south face of Everest, and after a few hours’ rest he began his descent in the early morning from just over 29,000 feet.

3 mins ago, Sandflee said:

Dies cutting a tree on his property

On Oct. 7, 2000, Davo Karnicar’s fervor for extreme skiing took him to the summit of Mount Everest. His goal: ski nonstop to base camp, 12,000 feet down — a feat no one had yet achieved. Yep 

Everyone has a gift,” he told The Times of London shortly before the expedition. “I know how to ski. Someone else might know how to drive a Formula I car or run a chainsaw. ”

Karnicar and his team had spent a month climbing the south face of Everest, and after a few hours’ rest he began his descent in the early morning from just over 29,000 feet.

Fify

Just now, MarkG said:

not speaking' ill of the deceased but Xtreme skiing and having' a tree fall on you belongs on America's Funniest Home Videos

Xactly. Play stupid games and win stupid prizes