ksong

project of Black Hole surf rods for 2020

Rate this topic

56 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

New Black Hole USA surf rods in 2020

 

We have been testing prototype Black Hole surf rods for 2020 for the followings:

 

9' and 12' Black Hole Striped Bass Special rated 3/4 oz - 4 oz, 1 oz - 6 oz and 2 oz - 8 oz.

9'6" and 10'6" Black Hole Striped Bass Special Moderate rods rated 3/4 oz - 4 oz and 1 oz - 6 oz.

8'6", 9' and 9'6" Black Hole Suzuki rods rated 1/4 oz - 1  1/2 oz

 

The highlight was to catch 150 cm (59") using 9' Black Hole Striped Bass Special rod rated 3/4 oz - 4 oz in Chuja Islands, Korea.

 

At least 200 coho were tested using 9'6", 9' and 8'6" Black Hole Suzuki rod rated 1/4 oz - 1  1/2 oz with 1/4 oz lures.

I even tested 8'6" Black Hole Suzuki rods for robbonfish.

Those rods are good choices for albie, schoolie striper, sea trout, fluke, poppy drum, snook or bluefish.

 

So far so good.

We plan to introduce in early next year.

20190901_074709 - Copy.jpg

20190830_085123.jpg

20190909_174345.jpg

20190912_143936.jpg

20190920_202208.jpg

Edited by ksong

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, ksong said:

New Black Hole USA surf rods in 2020

 

We have been testing prototype Black Hole surf rods for 2020 for the followings:

 

9' and 12' Black Hole Striped Bass Special rated 3/4 oz - 4 oz, 1 oz - 6 oz and 2 oz - 8 oz.

9'6" and 10'6" Black Hole Striped Bass Special Moderate rods rated 3/4 oz - 4 oz and 1 oz - 6 oz.

8'6", 9' and 9'6" Black Hole Suzuki rods rated 1/4 oz - 1  1/2 oz

 

The highlight was to catch 150 cm (59") using 9' Black Hole Striped Bass Special rod rated 3/4 oz - 4 oz in Chuja Islands, Korea.

 

At least 200 coho were tested using 9'6", 9' and 8'6" Black Hole Suzuki rod rated 1/4 oz - 1  1/2 oz with 1/4 oz lures.

I even tested 8'6" Black Hole Suzuki rods for robbonfish.

Those rods are good choices for albie, schoolie striper, sea trout, fluke, poppy drum, snook or bluefish.

 

So far so good.

We plan to introduce in early next year.

20190901_074709 - Copy.jpg

20190830_085123.jpg

20190909_174345.jpg

20190912_143936.jpg

20190920_202208.jpg

Any possibility you might develop the Striped Bass Special Moderate in 11'6"?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 min ago, Mr. Eel said:

Any possibility you might develop the Striped Bass Special Moderate in 11'6"?

If there are demand.  

In fact, our field tester said the prototype moderate rods are still fast. We asked to send parabolic action rods like Black Hole Cape Cod Nano surf rods.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 mins ago, Kima said:

What does a person have to do to get their hands on a 12' 1-6?

The 12' Black Hole Striped Bass Special rods are being tested for rooster in Mexico now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 mins ago, ksong said:

The 12' Black Hole Striped Bass Special rods are being tested for rooster in Mexico now.

If you need help I could test one in New England on 20 inch bass :hooked:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited) · Report post

14 mins ago, MikedNJ said:

Would love an 11’6 chunkin rod. Everything in the 6-10oz is a meat stick or too soft. 

I am thinking to develop 12' Black Hole Striped Bass Special 2 oz - 8 oz for conventional reels for bait fishermen. I will test the rod using 8 oz sinker with bait. 

We have 11' and 12' Black Hole Surf II heavy rods for chunking, but I like to have thinner and lighter rods.

Edited by ksong

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited) · Report post

1 hour ago, ksong said:

I am thinking to develop 12' Black Hole Striped Bass Special 2 oz - 8 oz for conventional reels for bait fishermen. I will test the rod using 8 oz sinker with bait. 

We have 11' and 12' Black Hole Surf II heavy rods for chunking, but I like to have thinner and lighter rods.

Exactly. I’d love something thinner and lighter that can handle 5-8oz plus bait. Not 12ft tho maybe 11’. Something parabolic. I’m using a lamiglas 1321m currently. 

 

 

Side note: I just picked up a charter special 6’8 and wow you guys hit a home run on that rod! 

Edited by MikedNJ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 mins ago, MikedNJ said:

Exactly. I’d love something thinner and lighter that can handle 5-8oz plus bait. Not 12ft tho maybe 11’. Something parabolic. I’m using a lamiglas 1321m currently. 

 

 

Side note: I just picked up a charter special 6’8 and wow you guys hit a home run on that rod! 

Isn't it better to use fast action rods for casting ?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ksong said:

Isn't it better to use fast action rods for casting ?

 

 

For distance yes. But a fast action rod will throw the bait off the hook much easier. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.