punkroktownie

Possible to order just the top half of my Daiwa CLSP 902 rod?

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

Clean the edge up with a razor blade and  look in Walmart for replacement tips. They come with ferrule cement. Melt cement with a lighter and apply to tip. Just a little hold tiptop in pliers and apply heat to tip of rod and tiptop alternately. Slide tiptop on rod and line up with guides let cool. It will take you as long as it took me to type this using one finger. Good luck.

4 hours ago, Chalkdust said:

Clean the edge up with a razor blade and  look in Walmart for replacement tips. They come with ferrule cement. Melt cement with a lighter and apply to tip. Just a little hold tiptop in pliers and apply heat to tip of rod and tiptop alternately. Slide tiptop on rod and line up with guides let cool. It will take you as long as it took me to type this using one finger. Good luck.

ditto to what he said or go to a shop.

HH

22 hours ago, Slowpoke Kid said:

Have you tried to Call daiwa customer service?

no, but I'm on it now. depending on what they say, I'll probably put a replacement tip on the remaining rod. May need advice on moving and rewrapping a guide though.

22 hours ago, Chalkdust said:

maybe I could use the guide on the broken tip? it seems way better than the Walmart kit that's around here somewhere.

If it fits. I've bought replacement tip tops at Walmart and Dicks and they are fine. Your concerned with the inside diameter required. If it's loose on initial fit, wrapping with threat first will build up the diameter of the blank.

Never was able to buy a rod by piece, thus unless somebody broke a bottom section and you can find them, your outta' luck, repair is the way to save it.