cashews121

Snappers

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

After finally connecting with fish that were doing nothing but following everything I threw at them,,they are small.. maybe 6" Snappers. Shall I assume that these were just born later? Also,should I assume that they follow and turn away a lot more than larger snappers?

4 hours ago, Captain Ahab said:

No.  You should assume you just got some great bait.  Flounder go nuts for them as do other species 

well that I did...if the surf wasnt so rough I would be fluking

When I was a kid a small silver Wob-L-Rite was the best lure for snappers. Us kids would have a contest on who could catch the most in a row. My Dad loved his cane pole, bobber and piece of spearing. Good memories and good eating fried up.

Posted (edited) · Report post

I used to love snapper fishing when I was a kid. Pretty much every dock  had  a bunch of kids with cheap tackle catching snappers. It’s not like that anymore. The snappers are there but the kids aren’t . I suppose today’s  kids and their parents would rather sit inside and play video games than be outside in the fresh air interacting with nature. It’s a shame too because snapper fishing really is such a blast. A small spoon like a kastmaster or a red and white daredevil is all you’ll need to catch snappers. I always found that reeling in very quickly was more than the snappers could take and they’d pounce on my lure. Crush the barbs so they’re easy to unlock and be prepared to be covered in tiny scales. I think I’m going to go out and do some snapper fishing this week, for old times sake.

Edited by valentine