R.R. Bridge Fisher

Stink bugs attack!

Rate this topic

17 posts in this topic

When I was a kid back in the early 70’s we would superglue crickets and grasshoppers to a long shank hook and  use a casting bubble to get it out , it worked most excellently. Just thought I’d share that. 

1 hour ago, Kones1 said:

When I was a kid back in the early 70’s we would superglue crickets and grasshoppers to a long shank hook and  use a casting bubble to get it out , it worked most excellently. Just thought I’d share that. 

Thanks for sharing.   Goof one 

2 hours ago, Kones1 said:

Bait for sale here!!

Western Conifer Seed Bugs

As the nights start to cool, they begin to seek warmer areas (in your house) where they overwinter. In the spring as the weather warms, they crawl out from all the nooks and crannies of your walls and woodwork to return to the outdoors.

They do not bite, and do not cause any structural damage to the house, but they are a major annoyance. Being surrounded by pine and spruce at my house, we have more than our fair share........

One hint - DO NOT attempt to vacuum them up! Doing so causes them to release their unique (and somewhat offensive) scent, and our vacuum cleaner will smell like it for a long time. And it also spreads the odor throughout the house from the vacuum exhaust. Don't ask how I know..... :o

1 min ago, Captain Ahab said:

Put some dish soap in a spray bottle and go hunting.

God i hate them.  They came into the USA through Allentown, Pa.  Suprised they are that far North

These are a different species than the stink bugs they get down south.

They’ve been here in upstate ny for a few years now. No natural predators here ? What does eat them ? Don’t vacuum them up like box alder bugs you will be sorry. 

we have tons of starlings but they never seem to get all of the stinkbugs. i just leave them be in the house. eventually they just go belly up.

45 mins ago, bdowning said:

we have tons of starlings but they never seem to get all of the stinkbugs. i just leave them be in the house. eventually they just go belly up.

The starlings or the stinkbugs?