flyangler

Trump gets victory on California tax return law

Rate this topic

21 posts in this topic

Will California appeal? They say they will but do they want this to go to successively higher courts? This is in the Eastern California district so I could see them wanting to advance to the 9th Circuit for appeal .

 

Trump gets victory on California tax return law

Published 12 Hours Ago
 

A federal judge has sided with the Trump campaign's request to halt a California law that's aimed at forcing the president to release his tax returns.

 

U.S. District Judge Morrison England Jr. said Thursday that he'll issue a formal ruling by Oct. 1.

 

The ruling marks a major victory for Trump, who is fighting multiple Democratic-led efforts to force him to reveal the returns. California is expected to appeal.

 

The Trump campaign and Republican parties have sued over the law requiring candidates to release their tax returns to appear on the March 2020 primary ballot.

 

Democratic Gov. Gavin Newsom signed the law in July.

 

Lawyers for Trump and Republicans argue that it violates the U.S. Constitution by adding an additional requirement to run for president. They also said a federal law requiring presidents to disclose financial information supersedes state law.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stupid Democrat politicians wasting more taxpayer time and money.  It's like their favorite pastime.  Probably 80% of their constituency isn't paying taxes anyway, but they care about Trump's?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 mins ago, Stonesipher said:

Legit requirement, just needs to be supported by the courts. Wants to run the country but wont show his cards, eff him.

Show me your taxes.  Do you have a job?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The fed have the tax returns. If there is something in there let’s the feds handle it. The States also have the returns they just aren’t public. Same applies to the State tax people. It’s a non issue. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Stonesipher said:

Legit requirement, just needs to be supported by the courts. Wants to run the country but wont show his cards, eff him.

 

Did you read that post before you hit the submit reply button? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Little said:

Show me your taxes.  Do you have a job?

For the hundredth time yes I work. I see nothing wrong with the POTUS having to show if he is clean before he is elected. His position is a little different that the PRIVATE person.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 mins ago, Stonesipher said:

For the hundredth time yes I work. I see nothing wrong with the POTUS having to show if he is clean before he is elected. His position is a little different that the PRIVATE person.

Do you really think that someone's tax returns will tell you if they are "clean" or "dirty"? Do you thin that "dirty" people suddenly turn honest when they file their tax returns?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 mins ago, Stonesipher said:

For the hundredth time yes I work. I see nothing wrong with the POTUS having to show if he is clean before he is elected. His position is a little different that the PRIVATE person.

He’s been audited thoroughly I’m sure... you guys act like there are no tax’s... there are and they been scrutinized 6 ways to Sunday by god knows  who both legally and illegally, this is the lefts version of Obamas Birth  certificate... you guys are no different than those people :dismay:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 mins ago, MakoMike said:

Do you really think that someone's tax returns will tell you if they are "clean" or "dirty"? Do you thin that "dirty" people suddenly turn honest when they file their tax returns?

I think that you can tell a lot about where a person earns his money and we elect this guy to lead the nation I for one want to know everything about him. He has continually lied to the public why he "can't " release his returns. Also that he will after the election, time and time again he has lied to us about them. A reasonable person would begin to wonder about what he has to hide not just lick up the lies and to go on and defend him.

9 mins ago, RiverRaider said:

He’s been audited thoroughly I’m sure... you guys act like there are no tax’s... there are and they been scrutinized 6 ways to Sunday by god knows  who both legally and illegally, this is the lefts version of Obamas Birth  certificate... you guys are no different than those people :dismay:

I bet he has with his shady dealings from colleges to steaks but they have never have been made public and THAT is the issue here, not just an audit. The guy is an effin lying prick and you don't care enough to show some balls and call him on it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 mins ago, Stonesipher said:

I think that you can tell a lot about where a person earns his money and we elect this guy to lead the nation I for one want to know everything about him. He has continually lied to the public why he "can't " release his returns. Also that he will after the election, time and time again he has lied to us about them. A reasonable person would begin to wonder about what he has to hide not just lick up the lies and to go on and defend him.

I bet he has with his shady dealings from colleges to steaks but they have never have been made public and THAT is the issue here, not just an audit. The guy is an effin lying prick and you don't care enough to show some balls and call him on it.

Did you know everything about Hillary? Maybe you can tell us all about the Whitewater arrangements.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Stonesipher said:

Legit requirement, just needs to be supported by the courts. Wants to run the country but wont show his cards, eff him.

The Constitution dictates the requirements for President, not some made up law in Cali

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.