Deep Hole

Direct tie or Micro power clips for Epoxy Funny fish

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

I have always tied directly to epoxy jigs, using about 5 foot leaders.  I've been seeing more and more guys using 25lbs micro clips. What do folks think about this and how well do clipps work for Albies, and bones, funny fish??????

Clips all the way!

I like the versatility of being able to throw a few sizes/colors without a retie. It can make all the difference as a land bound angler. When you get that opportunity you don't want to be caught with your pants down retie-ing and miss out.

I have found no negative impact of using a clip (I use the 50lb as I have yet to buy a pack of the 25lb ones). The fish don't care, so I don't either.

Posted (edited) · Report post

I use clips for everything except for epoxy jigs for funny fish. Do you use the 50lbs clips for Funny fish?? Couldn't agree more on the versatility without retie though. So I'm hoping to hear many guys using the clips as well. Lot's of times if you're not totally ready when you see these funny fish from shore it's already to late. 

Thanks

Edited by Deep Hole

I prefer the smaller 25lb clips as opposed to the 50lb clips.  But having said that, I have to admit there's no basis for my preference for the smaller clips.  If funny fish are not detered by a treble hook at the tail end of a lure, the tail end that they are attacking from, a clip on the front end of the lure won't shy them off.