Fishy4335

High Stickable Rods!

Rate this topic

49 posts in this topic

I'm trying to come up with a list of the most durable surf rods on the market. In my experience, I am able to high stick only three rods with confidence that they will not break

1. Century Kevlar Nor'easter

2. ODM Nex1

3. Century Stealth Graphene

I have not finished many rods on the market but these the ones that I have fished that can stand up to high sticking. If anybody else has any other rods they can add that they feel are amazingly durable please add to this list thank you

Haven't tried any of their rods yet but Thrasher Rods has some pretty cool videos of them testing the hell out of their rods. Picking up small kids to bouncing buckets with weights in them. 

I had a sling shot that was stuck together, no matter what it was stuck. So I was going to try to break the top half somehow so I could just buy a new one. No matter what I did to this rod it would not break. Ended up tossing it in the trash and just buying a new SS. Thing seems pretty durable to me.

Ugly Stiks by far. Look, the fact is that they are the toughest rods on the market. The best? No. The most sensitive? No. But unless you intentionally try to break it it won't let you down unless it has a factory defect. 

In general I think high sticking isn't a good habit, but its unavoidable at times.. 

X3 for the gsb1201L..

Watch the break test video... ya don't see many rods that can take this kind of bend.. 

1 hour ago, coastalfreak said:

Ugly Stiks by far. Look, the fact is that they are the toughest rods on the market. The best? No. The most sensitive? No. But unless you intentionally try to break it it won't let you down unless it has a factory defect. 

Toughest rods on the market?  That's a bit ambitious. They're just a fiberglass and graphite rod like any other, there's nothing special about them.  I'd say any full glass rod would be more durable.