Sandy Hook Coast Guard Area? NWS Earle?

Rate this topic

apache67

Quick question for SH/Earle experts:  Reviewing a NPS service map for the SH area.  The map shows a coast guard off limits area.  Is this area accessible for us active duty peeps?

Earle: are the shore areas just easy and west of the weapons pier open to fishing?  I am a flyrodder and this east wind is no bueno for fly casting the surf.  Have the day off from work and was thinking of fishing some bayside area(s).

TIA!

G

27 mins ago, fishless said:

I would think since you are active your best served to put this question directly to someone at the station itself.  Anyone not affiliated would only be speculating. 

I don't know anybody (specifically) at either location and calling their info., numbers has proved to be a waste of time (no definitive answers).  Calling the NPS SH park information line gets me to a voicemail inbox.   Gotta love the gubment, lol...

Edited by apache67

1 hour ago, Sudsy said:

And I think you can bring a guest

ME ! ME ! ME ! ME ! ME ! !!!!!!!

Here he goes again..........

"Law enforcement’ is not something sovereign citizens seize from police officers. It is a societal function that citizens delegate to civil police.

In so doing, we do not abdicate our own sovereignty, nor our duties as citizens. Ultimate responsibility is still ours. When those we hire as our “Protectors” are either unwilling or unable to perform that function at the critical moment, there is no law, nor standard, that says we cannot perform it for ourselves"........ John Farnam.

"Gird Your Loins"

2 hours ago, Mr. Bigdeal said:

Here he goes again..........

The one place in NJ I always wanted to fish and never got to go

Three times I was going to go out there with Freddy Gartner, all three times terrible weather.

Then he got sick :cry:

Miss that guy

I just wanta play everyday despite small nagging injuries --

and go home to a woman who appreciates how full of crap I truly am. ~ Crash Davis

Social Distancing since 1962

i say, you are an "Odd fellow".................

"Law enforcement’ is not something sovereign citizens seize from police officers. It is a societal function that citizens delegate to civil police.

In so doing, we do not abdicate our own sovereignty, nor our duties as citizens. Ultimate responsibility is still ours. When those we hire as our “Protectors” are either unwilling or unable to perform that function at the critical moment, there is no law, nor standard, that says we cannot perform it for ourselves"........ John Farnam.

"Gird Your Loins"

You can only bring 1 guest now, and they have to be badged with their picture, so you can't rotate guests. 

Last year it was 50 bucks for the guest. 

Think the pier closes to fishermen in early December and opens up again April 1st. 

Great fishing, but if you plan on catching and releasing any big fish, it's tough. Can't revive them since you are so high off the water.  

17 mins ago, Danny1199 said:

You can only bring 1 guest now, and they have to be badged with their picture, so you can't rotate guests. 

Last year it was 50 bucks for the guest. 

Think the pier closes to fishermen in early December and opens up again April 1st. 

Great fishing, but if you plan on catching and releasing any big fish, it's tough. Can't revive them since you are so high off the water.  

Thanks!

I stopped by yesterday (on my way to Sandy Hook).  The guys at the gate gave me the sheet for Colts Neck.  I didn't have time to traverse back and forth between the two places (Colts Neck and back to the Pier).   Are the beach areas immediately east and west of the pier fishable?  If not, I am going to pass.   As previously mentioned, I am fly casting.  And fly casting from a pier-especially an elevated one-isn't an easy thing or even a desirable thing to do!

Cheers,

G