Br8an

Epoxy jig

Rate this topic

37 posts in this topic

I use the 4 oz in shrimp for seabass with great success. They were on sale for 5 bucks a year back.., occasionally stripers eat it on the way down, but I have had many stripers on the 7/8. The 4 is huge.

image.jpg

Edited by fvgourami3

On 9/24/2019 at 3:50 PM, Br8an said:

I bought a 7/8 oz today and apparently, it's made differently than 1.25 oz. Seems that 7/8 oz has a plastic layer.  

All the epoxy jigs are coated with........

Epoxy

11 mins ago, Captain Ahab said:

All the epoxy jigs are coated with........

Epoxy

That’s correct except the heavy Minnow 1.25 oz, which is painted and can be scratched off by the rocks easily.  I’ve gone through a few of them this Fall.

26 mins ago, Br8an said:

That’s correct except the heavy Minnow 1.25 oz, which is painted and can be scratched off by the rocks easily.  I’ve gone through a few of them this Fall.

That is because the heavy minnow is not an epoxy jig.  To quote Hogy:

"To make the Hogy Heavy Minnow, we took molds from our most popular sizes of epoxy jigs, wrapped them in HD Holographic finish and gave them a heavy metal core." 

Two different (albeit similar looking) lures.

20 mins ago, Captain Ahab said:

"To make the Hogy Heavy Minnow, we took molds from our most popular sizes of epoxy jigs, wrapped them in HD Holographic finish and gave them a heavy metal core." 

There’s the soft poxy jig too. 

38 mins ago, Captain Ahab said:

That makes sense! Lol. 

I have caught bass up to 46" on Hogy 1 1/4" with 12lb leader. From a boat and I was lucky to land it on Light albie tackle in the rocks. 

I think its a great bait when we have all the silver sides,  chovies , spearing, sea herring whatever. If the sp minnows or any swimming plug gets ignored this is a good bait to swim or swig (swim jigging) or even act as a top water surface swimmer with rod tip high and varied retrieve to make it skip. Its versatile. 

Edited by The Riddler