Sudsy

This is the fault of everyone that voted for Pallone - more replenishment this fall

Rate this topic

145 posts in this topic

Well I don't believe my argument is idiotic at all..  The beaches of Cape Cod are still there after all these years.  No replenishment.   Our beaches will still be here if they did not replenish. I have to double check, but I don't believe they have ever replenished Island Beach State Park.  Beaches are still there.  As far as the tourist income goes, then don't use my tax dollars to replenish the sand and then charge me to get on that same beach.  If Asbury Park for example wants to replenish, they let them figure out a way to pay for it.  The town is the one reaping the benefits  if we believe your argument.  The replenished sand in NJ flows north.  That's why the rip at Sandy Hook has changed drastically and the Channel has to be constantly dredged.  Lastly, we all know what an environmental disaster this entire project is, but somehow the state on NJ gets away with it.. 

On 9/22/2019 at 7:09 AM, levari said:

When was the last time someone caught a nice bass on these beaches?

When was the last time someone caught a nice bass on any of the beaches from here to Montauk whether they’ve had replenishment or not?  We all know the answer and it sucks. 

Beaches that have never been replenished still have bad fishing. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

4 hours ago, jsbergen said:

When was the last time someone caught a nice bass on any of the beaches from here to Montauk whether they’ve had replenishment or not?  We all know the answer and it sucks. 

Beaches that have never been replenished still have bad fishing. 

If that’s the case why do you care about beach replenishment ?

Edited by levari

On 9/21/2019 at 9:51 PM, Sparky said:

I still say we should replenish Pallone's front lawn with a dump truck full of sand. We'll see how he likes it. Btw - his brother John is now the mayor of Long Branch. 

the idiocy must be genetic. :p

I just saw a story on the local news that talked about beach replenishment. It was talking about how high tide was bringing the water up to the new dunes in bayhead just one season after the beaches were "replenished." A couple people questioned whether or not it was worth it to pump sand onto the beaches...i don't think it's a Democrat vs Republican thing more so an ignorance thing.

The powers at be (and they are powers, let’s be real) are trying to use tax payer money to do whatever they can from allowing their expensive ocean-facing lots from plopping into the Atlantic Ocean. Don’t dare come near my state-subsidized shore replenished beach. It’s miiiiiine

Posted (edited) · Report post

Yup......back in the day, folks here were worried about the anti hunting movement killing off hunting in NJ. Well that never happened, the loss of land to development and the bulldozer did a better job of it. Likewise, today we as fishermen are being plagued by restrictions of all types. Quotas, size limits, registration, so-called biological studies and sonic blasting of our oceans just to mention a few. Quotas they claim are needed to preserve the species but no talk is heard about destroying our near-shore and in-shore eco-systems....it's what they're doing, like the bulldozer it will eventually halt rec. fishing as we know it. Simple solution, NY did it, re-build the jetty system and preserve our beaches and ocean's eco-systems....stop the constant flow of payola money to these politicians and their sub-contractors before we all here live to regret it.

Edited by Mr. Bigdeal

Of course it looks like most of Cape May County will be getting it again. Ocean City, Strathmere, Sea Isle City, Avalon, Stone Harbor and Cape May are scheduled to begin this "fall". More shoals in the back bays next year for the boaters to find. 

SOC is a mess after the millions spent....storms and wind again washed away the sand ....how long will the good folks of NJ continue to allow this corrupt payola to their subcontractors by our elected officials........they're lining their pockets folks....OMO.

3649266350?profile=RESIZE_710x

Here's the beach in SOC this past week after spending 150.Mil. tax dollars pumping sand .......disgraceful.....Re-build the jetties like NY State has done.

1 hour ago, Mr. Bigdeal said:

3649266350?profile=RESIZE_710x

Here's the beach in SOC this past week after spending 150.Mil. tax dollars pumping sand .......disgraceful.....Re-build the jetties like NY State has done.

After 4 days of constant hard north eat wind this week I’m sure it’ll look even better 

Is there an organization or an organized group of ppl actively lobbying to stop beach replenishment?

14 hours ago, wasy said:

Is there an organization or an organized group of ppl actively lobbying to stop beach replenishment?

I doubt there is a funded lobby group . . . but a coalition of fishing clubs united in protest several years back.  

14 hours ago, wasy said:

Good luck trying to talk sense to the ACOE and stopping government contracted dredging companies from raking in Millions$$

Has there been a concerted effort to attack this issue from a fiscal perspective? Unfortunately, people like seeing big open beaches so we can argue about the idiocy of doing the same thing over and over again but as long as people see big beaches in summer they don’t care.

However, when you look at the deteriorating fiscal state of NJ and highlight that NJ DEP estimated $1.2 BILLION in replenishment expenditures between fiscal years 2014-2018 more people may be willing to listen alternatives.