Sudsy

This is the fault of everyone that voted for Pallone - more replenishment this fall

Rate this topic

145 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

8 hours ago, Sudsy said:

I'm pissed these towns are literally stealing our my/your/everyone's money then getting caught on video saying they want to keep the "rats" (us) off their beaches (remember the video on news 12 of the lady in Mantaloking?) 

Karma is a bitch Sudsy

You can now call Mantoloking Lakewood East at 4:45 every afternoon as the badge checkers go off duty.

If you catch my drift.  By the busload sometimes (seen it first hand). Its THAT bad.

Edited by makorider

9 hours ago, Sudsy said:

Monmouth Beach

Sea Bright

Elberon

Deal

Allenhurst

Loch Arbor

That's nearly half of Monmouth - and every one of those towns not only do not need tourism, but they do their best to keep us OFF their beaches

Same goes for all the beaches south of Point pleasant from Bayhead all the way down to Lavalette

I'm pissed these towns are literally stealing our my/your/everyone's money then getting caught on video saying they want to keep the "rats" (us) off their beaches (remember the video on news 12 of the lady in Mantaloking?) 

I don’t disagree but also consider the jobs lost, tens of thousands of ppl would be out of jobs.

your fighting a good fight and a better man than me

9 hours ago, Sudsy said:

Monmouth Beach

Sea Bright

Elberon

Deal

Allenhurst

Loch Arbor

That's nearly half of Monmouth - and every one of those towns not only do not need tourism, but they do their best to keep us OFF their beaches

Same goes for all the beaches south of Point pleasant from Bayhead all the way down to Lavalette

Why do u think they don't need the tourist buck?

The "US"  (fisherman I guess youre referring too?)

percentage is so small it isn't even taken into

consideration. Believe me. I hate the whole damn

thing. It breaks my heart. Look at the before(no beach)

and after(beach) pics. It was never meant to stay where

they are pumping it. Mom n Pop BaitnTackles are going

down up and down the coast. Read all the threads on

here with us guys talking about the drive down,sleeping

in our trucks. Driving home after each session. Money

is being made on house rentals,families going to

restaurants. And they aren't coming back if they have

no beach to use during the day. Big bucks being made

and the politicians can say they are creating jobs.

Because they are. It sucks for us. But you cant say

beach replenishment isn't working.

The problem with beach replenishment is that it's a band aid, paid for with mine and your tax dollars.  To add insult to injury, I then he to pay to use the very same beaches that I just paid for during the replenishment.  It makes me crazy angry !!  Also, if they  did nothing, the beaches would not go away, but change with the season.  They have not done a replenishment on Cape Cod National Seashore, yet those beaches are still around and being used.  There was a huge panic in place after Hurricane Sandy.  Deal had one house damaged after the storm, yet they decided to replenish.  WHY ??  There were super   shoddy building codes in place which is why a lot of buildings built along the edge of the beach did  not survive.  The replenished beaches are also a nightmare to navigate.  Two or three fishermen have almost lost there lives when then sunk in holes caused by this.  Since 1980, 1.2 BILLION dollars has been spent on this..  F in crazy !!!

I still say we should replenish Pallone's front lawn with a dump truck full of sand. We'll see how he likes it. Btw - his brother John is now the mayor of Long Branch. 

11 hours ago, adams54 said:

Hey @Sudsy  so I get that about half of monmouth is getting buried just when things were starting to recover. My question is how far north and south of these towns do you think will be at least somewhat affected?  Or will the damage be limited to just these areas?

The original replenishment back in 1995 ended at Asbury, yet the sand traveled far enough north to kill the fishing around the jetties all the way up in Long Branch (where I grew up fishing) for years.

4 hours ago, 27conch said:

Also, if they  did nothing, the beaches would not go away, but change with the season.  

During the public comment period before the 1995 replenishment a very elderly gentleman who lived in the same hose he was born in brought photos from the 1940's and from the week prior of the beach behind his house

Exactly the same, of course they were protected by T jetties

The place went nuts

They skipped the section from Allenhurst to Monmouth Beach (not that it mattered, the sand traveled north and killed the fishing anyway

Edited by Sudsy

5 hours ago, yosco said:

Why do u think they don't need the tourist buck?

Those towns have no tourist industry

On 9/22/2019 at 0:52 AM, Sudsy said:

Yup, just mansions lining the shoreline. And the people that live there want to keep us off "their" beaches in the worst way, but have us pay to keep them full of sand so their mansions stay dry.

When is the new round of destruction supposed to start?

Well, now you'll get an idea of just what we've had down in OC......Nothin.....Inshore fishing as we know it is going away....wondering why some of the folks running these big tackle companies aren't standing up for the environmental loss aspect because soon ya won't need a sealed reel any longer....it's just about a desert out there now compared to what it was years ago....they killed it and they're not done yet....OMO.

Edited by Mr. Bigdeal

On ‎9‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 0:52 AM, Sudsy said:

Doesn't matter.....the residents like in OC do not care who pays for it or where it comes from as long as they have a beach....Replenishment is a "fact of life" for them......and the vast majority of these liberals do not fish either....OMO.

Edited by Mr. Bigdeal

3 hours ago, Mr. Bigdeal said:

Doesn't matter.....the residents like in OC do not care who pays for it or where it comes from as long as they have a beach....Replenishment is a "fact of life" for them......and the vast majority of these liberals do not fish either....OMO.

There is no politics here, both the left and right politicians in Jersey want replenishment as do their constituents. It’s about money and the amount of money tourism brings into jeresy

1 in 10 jersey residents depend on tourism, over 300,000 jobs are related to shore tourism.

$20 billion in shore tourism ever year

im not arguing with you and I also don’t want replenishment but you cant fight a $20 billion dollar man and win

I'm not referring to anyone associated with tourism....actually the full time residents where I hang in OC can't wait for the summer crowd to get out....they're dreaded like the plague but they still want to keep up their property values at any cost to whomever.......and the vast majority, many from NYC now are not fisherman.....they view fishing as "Mayhem" on the beach.

This should be the number one concern amongst fishermen in Jersey right now.....beach replenishment and what it has done to the near shore environment.....destroyed it...IMO.

Edited by Mr. Bigdeal

On ‎9‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 7:58 PM, 27conch said:

The problem with beach replenishment is that it's a band aid, paid for with mine and your tax dollars.  To add insult to injury, I then he to pay to use the very same beaches that I just paid for during the replenishment.  It makes me crazy angry !!  Also, if they  did nothing, the beaches would not go away, but change with the season.  They have not done a replenishment on Cape Cod National Seashore, yet those beaches are still around and being used.  There was a huge panic in place after Hurricane Sandy.  Deal had one house damaged after the storm, yet they decided to replenish.  WHY ??  There were super   shoddy building codes in place which is why a lot of buildings built along the edge of the beach did  not survive.  The replenished beaches are also a nightmare to navigate.  Two or three fishermen have almost lost there lives when then sunk in holes caused by this.  Since 1980, 1.2 BILLION dollars has been spent on this..  F in crazy !!!

Those are pretty weak arguments you're making though. Comparing Cape Cod to New Jersey is idiotic. You can't even compare one town in the state with another because it all depends on how the sand moves (which we've seen every time the beach are replenished). Then the 1.2 billion dollars in 40 years...how many times more in tourism income and property tax dollars has the state made off people using the beaches in the 40 years? 500 times more profit? 1000 times more? If you're talking capitalism, you're losing the argument because keeping the beaches is where the money is. Now if you want to take more of a tree-hugger, environmentalist "save our habitat" approach, obviously replenishment destroys habitat, but the money is on the side of replenishment (in every respect). 

Edited by stranded1