LGFishing

Striper and Bluefish Lure Suggestions

Rate this topic

15 posts in this topic

Ok here’s my .02 cents 

Day time 3/4-2.5 oz kastmasters, Hopkins shortys, Charlie Grave tins,

pencil poppers and SS poppers

Night time SP minnows, red fin swimmers, soft plastics on jig heads, SS poppers swim them

Keep it simple with color white yellow day, black blurple white yellow at night

white bucktails day and night. You have to learn water speed, depth, etc for metal, tins and bucktails. I start out light in weight and increase as needed. 

Good luck hope this helps. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Salt Pro minnows, Yozuri crystal minnows, Bombers, Rapalas etc. regular and jointed. Both of those fish were in the sounds back bays today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If fishing from shore, the Clambrella will cover all your LIS needs, for bass, blues, weaks, and ling cod.

 

 also, what conditions you fish dictate what type of lure you should choose.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My favorite this time of year during the day is the Cotton Cordell Pencil Popper 6” in bone. Cheap, easy to use and a fish magnet. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anybody have tips for keeping my lures from being damaged on the jetty, when I retrieve it.  When it gets near the jetty, it either catches on the rocks or slams into the jetty, destroying its nose.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On October 2, 2019 at 3:27 PM, LGFishing said:

Anybody have tips for keeping my lures from being damaged on the jetty, when I retrieve it.  When it gets near the jetty, it either catches on the rocks or slams into the jetty, destroying its nose.

Use a longer rod. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/2/2019 at 6:07 AM, Accebere said:

My favorite this time of year during the day is the Cotton Cordell Pencil Popper 6” in bone. Cheap, easy to use and a fish magnet. 

What is the action like?  I’m leaning towards it, but can’t find any videos online.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/9/2019 at 6:47 PM, LGFishing said:

What is the action like?  I’m leaning towards it, but can’t find any videos online.

It’s a versatile lure with my go to action is small jerks of the rod tip to get the lure to slash from right to left. Reel it in slow and have fun with it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't find any videos?  Try John Skinner or On The Water on youtube.  Or better yet, go buy one for $8 and go fish it.  It's very user friendly and a proven fish catcher.  Just keep your line going on the reel tight if youre fishing with braid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, NedRyerson said:

Can't find any videos?  Try John Skinner or On The Water on youtube.  Or better yet, go buy one for $8 and go fish it.  It's very user friendly and a proven fish catcher.  Just keep your line going on the reel tight if youre fishing with braid

They show how to work it, not what the action is like.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/12/2019 at 10:41 AM, LGFishing said:

They show how to work it, not what the action is like.

It rips side to side like most pencils, depends on your cadence.

 

There's lots of videos out there on how to load them too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.