coastalfreak

Least favorite part of fishing?

Rate this topic

146 posts in this topic

Tying knots and rigs for me. Lol.

Saw this in the web today where the interviewers fishermen to see what their least favorite part of fishing was. Thoughts?

Losing countless bucktails on the same exact snag each season.

There has been storms that have ripped through and completely change the structure in front of me, but that same piece of ****** rope is still there

4 mins ago, DragonsLax48 said:

Losing countless bucktails on the same exact snag each season

darn man, this i can relate to. that darn rock that wont get carried away by the same ice that brought it here in the first place...grrrrr.

Cleaning fish so my excuse for not bringing anything home is Always the same. Not even a nibble. 2nd least favorite part is having to tie rigs for friends who have been fishing for years so now I fish alone and leave out the back door. :point:

Nothing bothers me more than the water quality we’ve had here. I was out a week ago prior to this last weekend. I ended up with a rash on my leg from ankle to mid calf, took 5 days for it to clear up. Enthusiasm for fishing has taken a big backseat for me. 

People who dont catch, see you catch a couple schoolies, then the next day you find them, their friends, their aunt and uncle, two cousins and siblings, tents and bonfires exactly where you and your buddy were the morning prior. All with headlamps on the whole time on the water.

My friend and I coined the phrase "scup scouts" this past weekend. 

Other than that, yea tying rigs can be tedious but I usually brew a pot of coffee and throw on youtube to do this while the other half is asleep already. 

The biggest part of fishing I hate though is spots getting ruined by things that can be prevented, like sewage runoff and leaks, fertilizer run off, etc. Nothing ruins the morning for me like walking a mile to my spot only to be greeted with the literal smell of human feces. Yes, I really wanna wade in that. No thanks.