fish'nmagician

Is the GOP rigging the system for Trump?

Rate this topic

36 posts in this topic

1 min ago, Gotcow? said:

I'm sorry but who is running against him?    :headscratch:

William Weld, Mark Sanford, and one other contender.

I made a list awhile ago of things that were awful, when they happened during Obama's tenure, but which pass without comment or criticism since President Trump was elected. The big one is the deficit, of course; we will set a new record this year. Time spent golfing is another; it was terrible that Obama enjoyed golf, his playing proved he wasn't paying attention to the nation's business. President Trump has averaged almost one day in four on the course, and that's fine.

This raises another such issue. The DNC wanted to cut Sanders off at the knees and rigged the debates against him. This was awful, unfair, and a betrayal of democracy. Aaaahh, but now things are different; several states have cancelled Republican primaries rather than risk an embarrassing display of party division. There's no way that Sanford or Weld have a chance, but the risk is that they might draw enough voters to demonstrate that the Party is not entirely devoted to the Chosen One. He would be annoyed. Here and now, therefore, a little suppression of intraparty choice is fine.  And you will read no critical word of this here in PG.

Nope, not acceptable. The primaries are already a major issue with the process as a whole; look at the candidates that they are serving up. There should be universal disagreement with all types of monkeying with the democratic process . 

15 mins ago, BrianBM said:

William Weld, Mark Sanford, and one other contender.

I made a list awhile ago of things that were awful, when they happened during Obama's tenure, but which pass without comment or criticism since President Trump was elected. The big one is the deficit, of course; we will set a new record this year. Time spent golfing is another; it was terrible that Obama enjoyed golf, his playing proved he wasn't paying attention to the nation's business. President Trump has averaged almost one day in four on the course, and that's fine.

This raises another such issue. The DNC wanted to cut Sanders off at the knees and rigged the debates against him. This was awful, unfair, and a betrayal of democracy. Aaaahh, but now things are different; several states have cancelled Republican primaries rather than risk an embarrassing display of party division. There's no way that Sanford or Weld have a chance, but the risk is that they might draw enough voters to demonstrate that the Party is not entirely devoted to the Chosen One. He would be annoyed. Here and now, therefore, a little suppression of intraparty choice is fine.  And you will read no critical word of this here in PG.

I have frequently commented on the hypocrisy of Republicans towards all those issues. 

6 mins ago, Gotcow? said:

I have frequently commented on the hypocrisy of Republicans towards all those issues. 

your posts are very interesting,

when you are alone with other Republicans you will make many critical posts about the GOP,

when a lefty shows up you march lock step with the deplorable base.

Just now, MikeM58 said:

He ran with Gary Johnson as a Libertarian.

Sounds like an opportunist.  He should have run as a moderate Dem if he wanted to be in a primary.  Those clowns let anyone in

41 mins ago, fish'nmagician said:

canceling primaries...... you guys are against a party doing things like this.... yes?

Are you?

DNC did the same last Obama ran.

personally, I am not

21 mins ago, saltydawg said:

Nope, not acceptable. The primaries are already a major issue with the process as a whole; look at the candidates that they are serving up. There should be universal disagreement with all types of monkeying with the democratic process . 

Serious question because I don’t know much about the primary regs... what is being violated by the cancelling and has trump said on what grounds he is cancelling it? This is all news to me... on the surface I understand how squelching any opposition to anything by means of force is unacceptable, I’m just looking for this story since the OP didn’t offer anything