#1 lure for Albies

Rate this topic

ccb

If I'm fortunate enough for the fish to be consistently within a short cast away, I'd prefer an unweighted soft plastic...otherwise I like the 5/8 oz epoxy jig, limited edition silverside, or the silver mac colors. I also like weighted paddletails and small plugs. The only reason I don't use a plug more often is because I don't see any need to put a pair of treble hooks into these fish...but they produce very well

Edited by albacized

I don't really have a number one. In 2007 I caught a bazillion albacore on 5" pearl zoom superflukes.  Hammered them. You could not buy a package of superflukes from Compton to Saugus MA that year.  Why?  Because I bought em all. Every day For 2 months I chased those things all over....

I have not tossed a zoom in years... but still catch.  This year and just like last its the 5/8 and 7/8 Epoxy Anchovy as a number one and a bunch of other options for number two.

2D0E9BF1-686E-44C6-A4CD-BF55CDC86905.jpeg

41 mins ago, smellfish said:

Yo-Zuri L-Jack Jig ... 18 gram in green to be exact.

The one that looked like a bay anchovy was killer :drool:  Sort of an olive/green/brown color...

TimS

Show someone how to catch striped bass and they'll be ready to fish anywhere.
Show someone where to go striped bass fishing and you'll have a desperate report chaser with loose lips.

17 mins ago, TimS said:

The one that looked like a bay anchovy was killer :drool:  Sort of an olive/green/brown color...

TimS

The L-Jack I believe was available in the US in Green, Blue, Black, Pink and an Orange color . Are you referring to the Live Bait jig ... a urethane type material? Was available in Silverside color ... similar to what you described.

Don't stop ... Retrieving ...