dlaurend

Epoxy Jigs

Rate this topic

23 posts in this topic

I prefer to tie directly to jig. I feel the jig swims better and the fact albies are sign feeders. When they are honed in probably doesn't matter but they can also be very picky.

2 hours ago, pete214 said:

I use 50lb at clip if eyes are that good the hook will scare them off

Since albies are just beginning to show, please let us know how using 50# and a clip works for you? Thanks.

I don’t use clips but I did see a 25# TA clip the other day someone was using. It was small enough I would consider using it. 

48 mins ago, flysully said:

Since albies are just beginning to show, please let us know how using 50# and a clip works for you? Thanks.

Had my best albie year last year, used 20lb fluro leader with the small TA clips, think they were 50lb. 

Never had a problem. 

54 mins ago, flysully said:

Sorry it was typo supposed to say 50 lb ta clip. I use 20 lb fluro 

Posted (edited) · Report post

3 hours ago, flysully said:

been working fine for me, how are you doing .. 

Edited by Qwik

Using a small ta clip (20lbs) and so far all good, small blues, a few Spanish Macs. and one Albie. Also I like to tie directly when the water is calm and clear. 

I've always used clips.  Sometimes FA are picky and won't take anything, other times they smash an Atom poppers on a 75 # wire and clip leader.   Nature of the beast.  In my opinion, if a clip made the difference the hooks would turn them off first. 

The action may or may not be better on a direct tie, my opinion is that the clip has better action, - long standing debate.  We all probable catch the same amount of fish (including FA) either way.  As for the clip affecting the visual at regular or hauling-ass speed, we all probably catch the same amount of fish either way too.  I like the ability to quick change when you might have other species in the area or just want to try a bigger or smaller presentation.  The quick change is the most important to me. 

I absolutely love hooking up when someone is scrambling to complete a direct tie.