JerseyMike609

Small Surf Bags

Rate this topic

58 posts in this topic

Can any one recomend a small surf bag?I have been using a small Shimano Bluewater bag but I'd like to get something even smaller and possibly a bucktail and leader pouch.Could anyone recomended something?

At the start of this season I started using an supreme 3 tube surf bag.  Really nice for the money (I think I paid around $30) and it comes with a bucktail/tin pouch in the front, a jig strip pouch, and a plier holder on the other side.  

1 hour ago, The Salty Fisherman said:

At the start of this season I started using an supreme 3 tube surf bag.  Really nice for the money (I think I paid around $30) and it comes with a bucktail/tin pouch in the front, a jig strip pouch, and a plier holder on the other side.  

I use the same one when I don’t need deep tubes or 10 or 12 tube bag. 

Holds a decent amount of plugs, as you mentioned has tin/bucktail pouch on front which is serviceable.

I put my leaders and extra split rings in ziplock bags and slip them between the tubes (it’s 3 square tubes fixed together) and the side of the bag. 

Keep split ring pliers in the sheath and my regular pliers on my belt. 

Simple, cheap and effective. 

The small bag from The Surfcaster is much better quality IMHO. If your handy you can add to extra brass grommets to the side of the bag for a shoulder strap. Mine works great on my belt though. 

3 hours ago, mml4 said:

I just added a Gear Up 2 tube with  pouch and like it a lot. Well made and light! 

Marc

Big fan, very well made and practical bag. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

While not a full surf bag, when I have no plans to plug, I just use a belt pouch. The other day I was targeting albies/blues, and easily fit 5 epoxy jigs/tins, a few bucktails, fluorocarbon and albie snax in a Tactical Anglers pouch. I also use this in the early  spring when I'm mostly using soft plastics/bucktails. 

Edited by C.Robin

Posted (edited) · Report post

10 hours ago, The Salty Fisherman said:

x2 i just bought one and was like holy crap there’s a bucktail pouch 

after reading the rest x5 lol

Edited by kombi_rs

recommend the surfcaster small belt bag. great for a couple lures and leaders and teasers. Nice way to just fish with that and a pair of pliers and enjoy the beach. I have used a bungee cord instead of a belt a couple times.

21 hours ago, rwilhelm said:

Not cheap but Aquaskinz makes nice bags that last.  I have the medium size.   

Aquaskinz stuff is garbage. The only products in their line that are any good is their hunter elite series. Its made with sailcloth like the other bags. But the cheaper line they have, i wouldbt waste my money on it. And good luck dealing with them if you have a problem.