Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rdiezel

Help with daiwa lexa 400pwr p

Rate this topic

5 posts in this topic

Hello everyone, I had a question with the magnetic control on this reel. In order to set the desired number, do you point the number towards the front like this? I find that I have a higher tendency to backlash with lighter weight like 1-1.5oz, with higher weight like 3or4oz it’s no problem. I have the reel paired with a 10ft mojo surf 1-4oz and am spoiled with 40lb super slick. I mostly fish inlets and occasionally back bays. How many of y’all on here use a setup like this? And what do you usually throw? 

A3F5C80E-A452-420E-9F7B-2938592224B9.jpeg

I took mine to a field to figure it out, the reel is poorly marked. I think off is at 11 o’clock in your picture. I reviewed it in the distance casting forum, good luck.

E2AE5708-3417-4ACA-901D-45A837479003.jpeg

9 mins ago, cheech said:

I took mine to a field to figure it out, the reel is poorly marked. I think off is at 11 o’clock in your picture. I reviewed it in the distance casting forum, good luck.

E2AE5708-3417-4ACA-901D-45A837479003.jpeg

Thanks, I’ll see if that will help. What rod are you using?

12 hours ago, rdiezel said:

backlash with lighter weight like 1-1.5oz, with higher weight like 3or4oz it’s no problem

Lighter lures, particularly bulky ones, will slow down much faster after release; big spool is up and spinning feeding more line than is being pulled by the lure = backlash.

Try more breaking with the lighter plugs/lures; start at max and work down from there until you find the ideal setting