robc22

BLOODY CELL PHONES!......

Rate this topic

23 posts in this topic

So I was heading home the other day on rt 130. A car pulls out to pass the car in front of her. That passing car was now coming at me head on. Our combined approach speed was probably 90 MPH. I immediately hit the breaks and started moving to the right off the road way. The oncoming driver panicked and tried to cut back into her own lane. Her rear quarter clipped the front of the person she was passing. She went into a huge spin until her tires caught and she started to roll. She was airborne the first roll. A couple more rolls into the woods snapping small trees as she went. It was very, very violent. I grabbed a knife and flashlight and ran over to help. I steeled myself for what i might find. As I approached the wreck I heard yelling which was good.....Someone was alive. The yelling was the driver on her phone! It was NOT a 911 call she was making. Both mother and infant were fine but mom had some cuts on her leg. The wreck was smoking so we wanted to get them out as quick as possible. Her SUV was on its side so myself and another guy kicked out the sunroof and got the kid out first then the mum. The problem? Mum wouldn't get out she was too busy with her call! After asking a few times for her to hang up I ripped the phone out of her hand and the other fella and I dragged her out of the smoking vehicle. I heard her say she had been on the phone and had not noticed the person in front of her slow which is why she tried to pass! I treated her bleeding wound and asked her a couple of questions but she didn't answer me because she had already started with another call.I have never seen anything like it. Can you all try and put the phone down when your driving please?

Posted (edited) · Report post

Idiots. People need to realize they could kill someone with a 3000 lb vehicle. Not to mention she has her own damn kid in the car. Not to mention with that stretch of road being so busy most of the time.....

Edited by foxfai

hands free only.     
Having any device in your hand is an offense.   You don't even have to have it to your ear or even be using it as a phone.

What a total moron.

Posted (edited) · Report post

1 hour ago, troutworm said:

The new law in Mass.passed about 2 months ago,no cell phone use

while driving.Hands free use may be exempt ?

New bill is on hold. One of the “untold” requirements of the new bill was that police officers would have to report the race of all drivers on traffic stops for hands free violations. This is holding it up in court as police are saying that the drivers should have to self identify themselves, rather than having police identify race. 

It is really, really sad that law makers can't just pass a law that makes sense. They need to add in some politicized nonsense in order to gain an edge for their party.

MA is not currently a hands free state.

Edited by JTR

Is hands free an actual law in MA? I don’t think it has taken effect yet. I think it’s still just no texting. 

How the hell did the lady in the crash hold onto her phone while rolling over? Who was she talking to instead of checking on her child?  She sounds like a real loser. 

2 mins ago, z-man said:

Is hands free an actual law in MA? I don’t think it has taken effect yet. I think it’s still just no texting. 

How the hell did the lady in the crash hold onto her phone while rolling over? Who was she talking to instead of checking on her child?  She sounds like a real loser. 

See my above post. The bill is held up and MA is not currently a hands-free state.

They have the hands free law in RI and its a joke they dont enforce it.  Most accidents or close calls are due to people texting or playing with phone, its rampant.

the summer before I had 9 people come over the double line right at me..this summer only 7....you should have seen the look on their faces when they saw me face to face with them.