We made it.

Rate this topic

DoorGunner

40 Days till CHRISTMAS

Did you know? In 1911 as Alfred Carlton Gilbert rode the train from New Haven to New York City he noticed something. Sections of track were being converted to service electrical powered trains from the old steam engines. Gilbert watched as steel girders were erected to carry the power lines. This inspired Gilbert to work on a new toy idea and by 1913 he introduced his Erector Set to the American public. It quickly became the fastest selling construction toy in the United States because it was the only one that came with a small electric motor. 

800px-Early_Erector_set.jpg  

39 Days till CHRISTMAS

Did you know? Kutol was first manufactured in Cincinnati, Ohio in 1930 and marketed as a wallpaper cleaner. The product was reworked and marketed to schools in Cincinnati as Play-Doh in the mid 1950's and was demonstrated at an educational convention in 1956. The rest is history.

Image result for history of playdough   

On 11/13/2019 at 0:29 PM, bospa357 said:

For a tree this year, I'm thinking something along the lines of these. :wave:

75580120_943543196002269_5255354917194825728_n.jpg

74790886_701272553702072_7719101497102827520_n.jpg

I just stopped taking it down. When anybody asks I reply that "It's ALWAYS Christmas at my house ..".

"You must never confuse faith that you will prevail in the end -- which you can never afford to loose -- with the discipline to confront the most brutal facts of your current reality, whatever they may be .."

38 Days till CHRISTMAS

Did you know? Advent dates back to the 4th century and Advent Calendars to the early 1900's. President Dwight D. Eisenhower is credited for the proliferation of the Advent Calendar tradition here in the United States. During his presidency he was photographed opening an Advent Calendar with his grandchildren and that photo ran in all the national newspapers. 

Image result for pics of advent calendars  

37 Days till CHRISTMAS

Did you know? Animal Biscuit Crackers were made and distributed by the National Biscuit Company (Nabisco) in 1902. Animal Crackers officially became known as "Barnum's Animals" and evoked the familiar circus theme of the Barnum and Bailey Circus. Later in 1902 Nabisco came up with an innovative idea of putting a string on the box so it could be hung on the Christmas Tree. 

Image may contain: tree, text and outdoor 

Edited by DoorGunner