AbbyDaddy

I think I just gambled on a Lexa 400HD from China on the auction site

Rate this topic

17 posts in this topic

I just ordered one on the bay, I couldn't resist the price of $35 w/ shipping. I used paypal just to be safe. I know this is too good to be true. If this was a error in pricing, does the site cancel the order like amazon? I saw he had 4 available and then saw another sucker like me order one. good if it's real, if it's fake, file a complaint?

Item 174032093190

Posted (edited) · Report post

If the seller send you a tracking number, may be this will be a very good bargain.  Good luck.

Edited by Pierce

Ebay typically offers buyer protection so you should be good either way it works out.   Often times they will flag something fairly quickly and they will let you know that the seller was a fraud.  I went through something like this recently and they kicked the seller off Ebay and I had to wait until the delivery time had elapsed to file a request for a refund from a now non existent seller and Ebay almost immediately, a few hours, refunded me the money.

47 mins ago, put_em_back said:

Ebay typically offers buyer protection so you should be good either way it works out.   Often times they will flag something fairly quickly and they will let you know that the seller was a fraud.  I went through something like this recently and they kicked the seller off Ebay and I had to wait until the delivery time had elapsed to file a request for a refund from a now non existent seller and Ebay almost immediately, a few hours, refunded me the money.

Yup, me too! The seller used a stolen cc number bought like 6 Daiwa Saltist reels. Was trying to get Cabela’s to ship to me, but they must have flagged it because I never got it. Got my money back though.

7 hours ago, Pierce said:

Do the reel got ship out?

Nah, ebay flagged it as compromised account and cancelled the transaction with refund. I initially thought mis-type on the auction vs BIN, but the "china" thing threw me off as I believe lexa's are made in Korea.  I was skeptical, but for $35 with the protections in place, i had to try. 

On 9/15/2019 at 10:46 PM, AbbyDaddy said:

I just ordered one on the bay, I couldn't resist the price of $35 w/ shipping. I used paypal just to be safe. I know this is too good to be true. If this was a error in pricing, does the site cancel the order like amazon? I saw he had 4 available and then saw another sucker like me order one. good if it's real, if it's fake, file a complaint?

Item 174032093190

I ordered one a few days ago when I saw it.  Figured take  a shot.  Doubtful it's legit.  Likely either nothing ships, or some chinesium garbo reels shows up. 

1 min ago, scoobydoo said:

I ordered one a few days ago when I saw it.  Figured take  a shot.  Doubtful it's legit.  Likely either nothing ships, or some chinesium garbo reels shows up. 

I agree. One of those reels that looks space age and badass but siezes yo first trip. Lol. 

On 9/15/2019 at 10:46 PM, AbbyDaddy said:

Item 174032093190

I seen a nikon lens on there for 40$  Original price was $160 couldn’t resist it seller was a scam and I got reimbursed in 3 days the bay looks out for their customers for sure. If you even feel like something is wrong contact them they are usually very quick to respond and fix the issue if there is one.