Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HANK

surf books

Rate this topic

4 posts in this topic

What are your recommendations for surf fishing books? I'M especially interested in how to read a beach. Lately is seems IM spending too much time with no results. Last year it seemed too easy must have just hit the right places at the right times. I was always lucky enough to a find some bait & fish. This year I can't seem to find either.

HANK

REading the water is one of those skills that seems to require beach time, more than anything else. Everybody touches on it, but it's a hard thing to communicate well in print, and the books that do it best are written for the fly angler. Lou Tabory's "Inshore Fly Fishing" is good; so is Ray Bondorew's "Stripers and Streamers." ... Doc Muller's paperbacks from the Fisherman are good value, but the fly books, on this particular aspect of surf fishing, are better than any books directed towards nonfly surf fishing.

The Fisherman's Ocean

by David A. Ross, David, Ph.D. Ross

List Price: $19.95

Paperback - 288 pages 1 Ed edition (September 2000)

Stackpole Books; ISBN: 0811727718

This is new and should be in stores this month. It will likely be the best bet. Other than it Flyrodding the Coast by Ed Mitchell was more help that Tabory's 1st book.