jjdbike

What to serve w/ all meat chili?

Rate this topic

32 posts in this topic

Okay, I know this is a crazy question, but never made all meat chili before this. 

I made it to seve on top of Thunnman's grilled hot dogs w/melted cheese and diced fresh onions, which was a definiate winner. I made a decent amout extra & froze it. I think my wife will like it, as she loves burgers, chili w/ beans and lots of veggies, and sloppy joes.

I'll seve it w/ shredded cheddar, sour creme and diced onions as condements.

My question is, if I serve this as main course, what might I sevrve it with, sides, etc?

I'm thinking green salad, rice & beans, toasted corn bread w/ butter or warm crusty Italian bread.

How do you folks serve this & what with?

JD

17 mins ago, jjdbike said:

Okay, I know this is a crazy question, but never made all meat chili before this. 

I made it to seve on top of Thunnman's grilled hot dogs w/melted cheese and diced fresh onions, which was a definiate winner. I made a decent amout extra & froze it. I think my wife will like it, as she loves burgers, chili w/ beans and lots of veggies, and sloppy joes.

I'll seve it w/ shredded cheddar, sour creme and diced onions as condements.

My question is, if I serve this as main course, what might I sevrve it with, sides, etc?

I'm thinking green salad, rice & beans, toasted corn bread w/ butter or warm crusty Italian bread.

How do you folks serve this & what with?

JD

I also have some roasted red bell peppers and Hatch chilis vacuum packed & frozen. There are planty of those diced and cooked into the meat chili. I was wondering if I should thaw some, dice them and serve some additinal on top of the chili? Would look nice & add an extra layer of roasted pepper flavor, along w/ a different texture.

JD

IMG_0792.jpg

15 mins ago, NJTramcar said:

Maybe cut the peppers up and keep them on the side for people to add when they put on the condements?

Thanks bud,

Those roasted/smoked peppers are so tasty. Can't even compare w/ grocery store canned or bottled ones.

JD

Posted (edited) · Report post

They look really good but I just heard my wife saying "are those hot, I dont want it too hot..." :)

Edited by NJTramcar

1 hour ago, Steve in Mass said:

Green salad and a good crusty bread with butter. That is all...........

:):th:

Thanks.

The rice, & bread, is prolly too much starch.

JD

Get some nice round hard rolls cut some of the top off and hollow it out some to make a bowl to serve it in and in the end they can eat the bowl

2 hours ago, jolly mon said:

Get some nice round hard rolls cut some of the top off and hollow it out some to make a bowl to serve it in and in the end they can eat the bowl

That's a fun idea. I know resturants do things like this.

My wife is in northern Itally, Venice and Florance. She was telling me a bout a wonderful dish w/ "fresh pasta, mushrooms that tased like chicken in a bowl made out of parmesan cheese". 

I can not imagine mushrooms tasing like chicken unless they were seauteed in chicken stock.... & can not imagie a bowl made of parmesan, but she said it was very good.

JD

Chicken of the woods tastes like chicken.  Parmesan bowls- melt about 1/2 grated on little pieces of parchment in the oven. When it’s bubbly invert over a small bowl to form as it cools 

Go for it

Posted (edited) · Report post

On ‎9‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 10:13 AM, jjdbike said:

I also have some roasted red bell peppers and Hatch chilis vacuum packed & frozen. There are planty of those diced and cooked into the meat chili. I was wondering if I should thaw some, dice them and serve some additinal on top of the chili? Would look nice & add an extra layer of roasted pepper flavor, along w/ a different texture.

JD

IMG_0792.jpg

dayum,that sounds good,,,maybe have it over some wild,brown rice or stewed potatoes or both?

maybe add some white extra sharp cheddar?

HH

Edited by Heavy Hooksetter

3 hours ago, MikeMc said:

All I need is a loaf of bread and butter with my chili. If you want to be fancy, I guess a salad like Steve suggested will work. :D 

Da wife would beat me if we didn't have a green vegetable......

:o

;)

I do need the toppings of fresh grated cheddar, fresh diced onions, and sour cream though.....chili just not the same without it.