Crabba

Butt hole hooked!

Rate this topic

11 posts in this topic

Fishing this past weekend my friend and fellow member here landed a fish and noticed it had a problem. After inspection it had a hook caught in the poop shoot with a line and seaweed trailer.  Hook was removed and the fish is hopefully ok. Certainly the worst case of a dingle berry I'd ever seen. Never know what your gonna see out there

11 hours ago, fishing addict said:

Oh man ass hooked, that stinks

Swimming around wit that must have been terrible. Talk about an itch that you can't scratch. You saved the day man. You were an anal Angel to that fish!

Caught a rainbow once that had a line that was looped coming out of the poop shoot. Decided to keep it and dressed it out. The other end of the line had a couple sinkers and the remains of a hook.

I caught a bronzeback that had a jighead hanging out,the hook was through it's rim.

I cut the hook and slid the rest right out,the fish should have been okay since it hit my musky sized mepps spinner.

HH

On 9/14/2019 at 9:27 AM, Crabba said:

Fishing this past weekend my friend and fellow member here landed a fish and noticed it had a problem. After inspection it had a hook caught in the poop shoot with a line and seaweed trailer.  Hook was removed and the fish is hopefully ok. Certainly the worst case of a dingle berry I'd ever seen. Never know what your gonna see out there

Would you ever think that the fish was caught then line broke off and swallow the hook. The end result is what you see pooping the hook  out and caught on the way?

51 mins ago, foxfai said:

Would you ever think that the fish was caught then line broke off and swallow the hook. The end result is what you see pooping the hook  out and caught on the way?

That's is precisely what I think happened. Wish we were able to get a picture. The hook definitely had caught itself on the way out. Would have rusted away I'm sure and released but in the mean time it was causing the fish some anal damage. The drag alone was pulling it's insides out