Scheduled Dumping on Raritan River

Rate this topic

Shipwreck

Lead is an issue.  I know I dont loose lead on purpose and I dont know how it leaches as compared to lead paint dissolving into a freshwater river.

We can point to a ton of organizations and people polluting, but it does not give an excuse to illegally dump into the river.  If I saw a family throwing bags into a river or road, I say something.  Its illegal.

As of now at least in NJ it it legal to fish with lead.

"He's a good stick" - Mr. Miyagi"  ~  "Yep!" - Captain Dingo

"How are you doing that" - Jimmy the Mate  ~  "Shipwreck is one of those guys!" - Capt. Freddy Gamboa

I have been in the park in the aftermath. The county employees clean up a ton of them but obviously there's a ton more in the river. So not only is it an environmental burden but it's a tax burden on county residents. 

Most Indians don't assimilate. It amazes me that they came here from the old country to get away from the terrible conditions and poverty and yet they want to do the same thing here. 

This practice should immediately be deemed illegal with summons and fines issued...there's a ton  of this junk that continues to be thrown into the Raritan and no one is saying anything.....what's next, using the river for a cesspool like they do over there.

"Law enforcement’ is not something sovereign citizens seize from police officers. It is a societal function that citizens delegate to civil police.

In so doing, we do not abdicate our own sovereignty, nor our duties as citizens. Ultimate responsibility is still ours. When those we hire as our “Protectors” are either unwilling or unable to perform that function at the critical moment, there is no law, nor standard, that says we cannot perform it for ourselves"........ John Farnam.

"Gird Your Loins"

THis was recently done at my local pond... I actually picked up a **** ton of the remains for the Trashchallenge19 put on by Morone Saxatilis on IG. There were balloons, statues, food items, everything just strewn all over the place.

I mean, granted this pond is very well visited and there is always a lot of trash but this time all the elephant statues and stuff... It was a very blatant littering of public property.

3 hours ago, Mr. Bigdeal said:

This practice should immediately be deemed illegal with summons and fines issued...there's a ton  of this junk that continues to be thrown into the Raritan and no one is saying anything.....what's next, using the river for a cesspool like they do over there.

Isn't littering/dumping already illegal?  Sounds like we just need enforcement... 

Edited by TimS
Please don't copy/paste Twitter stuff here, the formatting is horrible and it's full of links

"Law enforcement’ is not something sovereign citizens seize from police officers. It is a societal function that citizens delegate to civil police.

In so doing, we do not abdicate our own sovereignty, nor our duties as citizens. Ultimate responsibility is still ours. When those we hire as our “Protectors” are either unwilling or unable to perform that function at the critical moment, there is no law, nor standard, that says we cannot perform it for ourselves"........ John Farnam.

"Gird Your Loins"

Would it be inappropriate to contact the local news to come bear witness to this mass, organized polluting? Maybe folks can get video of each and every person that releases this trash into the river so they can be fined later?  Every piece of trash any person at this event releases into the water is a disorderly person's offense:

Under New Jersey littering laws for state parks and recreation areas, “A person who throws, drops, discards or otherwise places any litter of any nature upon public or private property other than in a litter receptacle commits a petty disorderly persons offense … for every such offense shall be fined not less than $100 or more than $500.”

I'm surprised that this has ever been allowed...even if these things were biodegradable, it's still unsightly litter...and what testing has been done on the effects all this crap has on the fish and wildlife?

TimS

Show someone how to catch striped bass and they'll be ready to fish anywhere.
Show someone where to go striped bass fishing and you'll have a desperate report chaser with loose lips.

Even funnier would be to get the address of everyone participating, collect all the statues of Ganesh from the river and sneak over to their houses in the middle of the night and leave them in their driveways or doorsteps!

I think some would have a heart attack!

Did that to a hostile neighbor one year.  Bought a dozen cheap, creepy clown dolls and left them on her doorstep.  She would cut them up and throw them away.  A week later, the clown returns!  Ha!

Edited by BillHoo

This is the kid of crap that's encouraging good folks to move out of this SH state.................omo.

"Gird Your Loins"

50 mins ago, BillHoo said:

Even funnier would be to get the address of everyone participating, collect all the statues of Ganesh from the river and sneak over to their houses in the middle of the night and leave them in their driveways or doorsteps!

Moving the litter around, while intriguing, really doesn't address getting rid of the litter :)

Hand out a few hundred $100 fines and the cleanup can be funded by the litterers :idea:

TimS

Show someone where to go striped bass fishing and you'll have a desperate report chaser with loose lips.

53 mins ago, TimS said:

Moving the litter around, while intriguing, really doesn't address getting rid of the litter :)

Hand out a few hundred $100 fines and the cleanup can be funded by the litterers :idea:

TimS

I think the state/municipality is terrified of having bad press from 'oppressing religion' and that's why it's ignored. 

6 mins ago, Danny1199 said:

I think the state/municipality is terrified of having bad press from 'oppressing religion' and that's why it's ignored. 

The law doesn't make any religious distinctions regarding litter...but I know what you're saying. Littering is littering, doesn't matter who you pray to or whether you pray at all :)

TimS

I live 2 minutes from the headgates of the raritan.. 

I never knew they had an "event" for this ****.

It pisses me off every time I see one of these stupid fuggin things.

Waters still warm..how bout we all go in the water and throw em all back at the people on the bank....

It'll be a hoot. :)  

Maybe Rapidflo can bring is jet boat....for some high speed entertainment.  

"Panacheless is no way to go through life"

Tims