Shipwreck

Scheduled Dumping on Raritan River

Rate this topic

62 posts in this topic

OK, let me start by saying and emphasizing that this IS IN NO WAY RELIGIOUS BASHING!!!  Anyone that takes it there is an idiot and I hope the mods would delete a comment like that.

But this religious practice often seen on the Ganges River in India is littering in the State of NJ.  I understand the desire to keep your religious beliefs alive in a new country, but anyone that has seen the Ganges realizes that ecological concerns are non existent.  It is time this practice is brought to light and stopped.  There are many compromises to be made, but this is unacceptable.  By the way some folks say these are painted with Lead Paint.  Nice. 

I plan to be at this event down stream and I will grab every one of these and dispose of them the same way I would a beer can left on a beach or a fast food wrapped tossed from a car.  Right in the dumpster.  I hope these fine people realize that maybe this is something that they will have to adapt to in their new country and wont be stupid enough to go ahead with it.

Thoughts?  And please dont say contact the DEP or the cops, they dont give a **** here in NJ.

statues2.JPG

statues.JPG

1 hour ago, Shipwreck said:

OK, let me start by saying and emphasizing that this IS IN NO WAY RELIGIOUS BASHING!!!  Anyone that takes it there is an idiot and I hope the mods would delete a comment like that.

But this religious practice often seen on the Ganges River in India is littering in the State of NJ.  I understand the desire to keep your religious beliefs alive in a new country, but anyone that has seen the Ganges realizes that ecological concerns are non existent.  It is time this practice is brought to light and stopped.  There are many compromises to be made, but this is unacceptable.  By the way some folks say these are painted with Lead Paint.  Nice. 

I plan to be at this event down stream and I will grab every one of these and dispose of them the same way I would a beer can left on a beach or a fast food wrapped tossed from a car.  Right in the dumpster.  I hope these fine people realize that maybe this is something that they will have to adapt to in their new country and wont be stupid enough to go ahead with it.

Thoughts?  And please dont say contact the DEP or the cops, they dont give a **** here in NJ.

statues2.JPG

statues.JPG

Agreed.

I've seen this in Trinidad. It was a real mess.

JD

Yeah, I'm all for religious freedom as long as you're not messing up other people or the environment. Then it should be stopped. 

Believe whatever you want, worship a rock for all I care, but keep it out of my government and don't F up the environment. 

Yeah, big **** no to this. Its polluting, and based on what I saw, these are items otherwise unable to be sold under the operating business.

No way, not how **** works. Total disregard for the environment. Let's be honest, we all know good people from different cultural backgrounds, as do I, however, this shouldn't fly regardless of what group is leading the belief that something like this is ok to do. Making calls on monday.

Edited by Saltine109

I say adapt to your new home. You know, when in Rome do as the Romans do. Well in America do as the Americans do. 

My grandparents came here and became Americans by wearing a baseball cap, blue jeans and plaid shirts and going out of their way not to offend anyone with either their past culture or religion. They adapted to their new life and worked on letting go what they left behind. America is good to those who adapt and after several generations of had work and education move up the ladder. The local representatives should visit these folks and explain that we do not do what they want to do here. If it is important to them then they should start a fund raiser and send someone to the Ganges so they can practice their religious ritual there where it belongs.

Need to show more of the pics of just how much of this stuff has been dumped, continues to be dumped and how much is being removed.....y'all will be shocked at what's going on........your pics here are nothin' as to what's actually happening.

Edited by Mr. Bigdeal